2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

speaker specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
PHsxt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker specs

i have searched on the web for a little while now and i haven't been able to find anything about the stereo specs for a 2004 neon sxt. i have the 6 disc changer with am/fm radio and cassette player. i was just wondering how powerful the 6 speaker setup is?

Old 07-31-2006, 11:00 AM
QBall02
Rookie
Default RE: speaker specs

Its not powerful at all, just turn up the volume to figure that out.

I think we had a topic about this the other day and someone said they are about 15w each.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:56 PM
PHsxt

i suppose these stereos don't have rca outputs in the back either, i have a componet set and a 15" sub laying around but i really like the 6 disc changer and my eclipse deck probably wouldn't work with it. this sucks, i don't really feel like going through the hassle of installing another stereo.

Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 PM
QBall02
Rookie

Nope, no pre-outs on the stocker. I am in the process of installing my stereo as well. Currently there is 1 seat in the car and bare metal elsewhere on the interior. It's pretty funny driving around, I feel wierd.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:40 PM
timplett
Veteran

Most newer amps come with high-level inputs so you can splice off your rear speakers (or front if you're so inclined) to power your sub. Obviously, it isn't as good, but it works.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:18 AM
timplett
Veteran

I'm not sure why exactly everyone says the speakers are really low power. My 2001 Neon SE has the upgraded sound system, and while the speakers weren't positively amazing, they still managed to shake the mirrors, which is fairly impressive for a factory sound system. Also, at the moment I'm running a 50x4 deck on the original speakers and they can handle almost the full power the deck can put out, so they must be decent.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:06 AM
PHsxt

yeah i must have the upgrade stereo too, because i have tweeters in the dash speaker openings and the quality is not bad as a whole.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:38 AM
02sxtsilver

ORIGINAL: timplett

I'm not sure why exactly everyone says the speakers are really low power. My 2001 Neon SE has the upgraded sound system, and while the speakers weren't positively amazing, they still managed to shake the mirrors, which is fairly impressive for a factory sound system. Also, at the moment I'm running a 50x4 deck on the original speakers and they can handle almost the full power the deck can put out, so they must be decent.
Mine was the same way, stock speakers shook the mirrors pretty good once i put in my kenwood deck. Its 22x4 rms and 55x4 peak so it did a alright job untill i put in new speakers with an amp. After i put in my new front speakers i had to turn down the highs cause they were drowing every thing else out. So i would think the tweeters in the front dash are fairly good, since i had to change the eq.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:42 AM
moobit
Professional

I actually notice the stock speakers are not that bad, but what makes them decent enough are the tweeters in the dash. You get really excellent highs, alright mids and bad lows. It also depends how you equalize it that makes it sound a better. Im sure if you want to bump music just for yourself, just install aftermarket speakers all around and your set, unless you want the whole neighborhood to listen what your listening to, then your in for something else.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
QBall02
Rookie

You guys have never heard good SQ if you are saying the stock ones sounds good. Yea they can shake the mirror but the highs are so far from crisp its amusing.

I just got done installing my new stuff last night and holy hell does it sound about 200% better than stock. Still shakes the mirrors but when it is shaking I can also really hear the mids and highs.

Quick Reply: speaker specs