2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Side View Mirror Glass unhooked...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side View Mirror Glass unhooked...

Hello all,

Back in mid-June 2006 I had some vandelism done to my '00 Neon (other neighbors were involved too) It involved breaking my front and driver window in. I have the foldable mirror and the glass came unhooked from the mechanism when they went for the side window (power mirror) Nothing stolen and I am glad they did not mess up my painted mirrors!

I cannot figure out how to clip it back in...it has been two months and I want it fixed, and figured I can do it, if I knew where to hook it back!

Also, when the glass company replaced the driver window they messed up my mirror switch inside the car...there is no contact to them. I questioned them, and they said it was like that, and it wasn't.

Any one know how to atleast hook the mirror into place? How much can I expect to pay for the mirror switch new/ pick and pull?

Pictures:

Thanks,

Joe

Old 08-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Xtreme Thunder
Professional
Default RE: Side View Mirror Glass unhooked...

I fixed it, took passanger side mirror glass out and there were no hooks. Took hooks off the driver side (they seriously could not have hooked to anything) and snapped the mirror glass back on. I was just messing with it and figured out how it snapped in. Now I just need the inside switch so I can control them again!

Old 08-17-2006, 02:05 AM
CA180
Rookie
Default RE: Side View Mirror Glass unhooked...

way to go,,, a little trial and error on yer own can werk wonders.... i honestly had no idea! lol... when one brakes like that, we usually replace the whole thing. I'll see if i can find a switch layin around here somewhere

Quick Reply: Side View Mirror Glass unhooked...