Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd Gen Turbo thread

o ok...thanks

Old 08-30-2006, 04:13 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

It can obviously cost more, depending on if you do something to the engine, what parts you use, how you control things, etc...but for a basic, dependable turbo kit it shouldnt cost more than $3k.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:13 AM
timplett
Veteran

I remember reading on the forum a little while back that there was a company that was going to release a turbo kit for the Neon for a fair bit less that the Hahn Racecraft kit. Unfortunately I can't remember the company name and couldn't find the thread. If anyone knows that would be great. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:33 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

PT Performance, they are a big dealer on SRT forums, and the Neon SOHC kit should be out by January of 2007. Also, the expected price for this complete kit is roughly $3,000, plus, this company will be releasing "stage" kits for engine build-up and turbo upgrades. The kit will also be totally customizable, from the turbo you order, to the color of your piping and manifolds, to what turbo controllers and FMIC you get.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:47 AM
timplett
Veteran

Oh, I think the price I had heard was a little cheaper than that, but that's ok. Making it customizeable is good, and makes it more worth the money in my mind. Why pay for something then pay for another part to replace it when you can just get what you want to begin with?

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Initially, like five months ago when it was released a company was developing a new kit, the price was $2,500...but obvioulsy projected costs dont always pan out...plus they added a bunch of standard equipment, like a dual stage MBC, the bigger FMIC, and things of that nature.

*Edit* Here is the complete list of things that will be included in the BASIC kit!

The kit would include:
1. SRT-4 Turbocharger/Manifold (ceramicoated black), extra o2 sensor bung welded in for wideband. Smaller bung welded in for Exhaust temp sensor (will be plugged with removeable cap)
OPTION: Powder coating any color, porting/polishing, and clipping for reduced possibility of PTB.
SS log, or tubular manifold, ANY size/brand turbocharger.

2. Mattdog Adapter (trimmed for any possible clearence issues with alt bracket, shouldnt be a problem on 03-05 but hasn't been tested by us on the other models)

3. Piping custom bent for PROPER clearence on Auto's and Manuals as well as a perfect fit on ALL 2gns. (will test later on 1st gens) Basic kit will be unpolished Stainless Steel 2" Mandrel bent piping.
OPTION: Powder coating any color, or polishing, as well as upgrading only the hotside pipe, clearence issues will not allow the coldside to be upgraded in size. Yes there is room, but we don't want any accidental rubbing.

4. Grade 8 hardware (will also replace factory ex. manifold bolts)

4.5. SRT-4 Stage 1 injectors.

5. T-bolt clamps for all piping.

6. Heat sheild for coil pack (basic kit will be Stainless Steel unpolished)
OPTION: Polishing, lazercut names, logos, powder coating any color, possible carbon fiber sheild as well has been discussed.

7. SS Braided Coolant/oil feed and drain lines, and Earls fittings.

8. Factory SRT-4 blow off/recirculation valve, we will also include a block off plate so you can either add your own BOV.
OPTION: we can weld any BOV flange on your coldside pipe, and include any BOV.

9. 24"X12"X4" Intercooler (brackets included, as well as template so it is perfectly centered, as well as level) the core will be painted radiator black, satin polished end tanks.
OPTION: mirror polished core and endtanks.

10. TurboXS DSBC, with aircraft style switch, any color.....thats right, standard on our kit.

11. High quality vacuum signal hoses for wastegate, BOV, etc., will be slightly undersized for a tight fit for reliability of no boost leaks.

12. Boost leak tester

13. Color coded wiring for ALL electronics, as well as wire loom, for a clean install. As well as snap terminal connectors, heat shrink tubing, and heat sleeve for reliability.

14. Cartech BEGI RRFPR.

15. High quality Fuel line

16. Venom 190lph. Fuel Pump
OPTION: Walbro 225lph.

17. Plumbing teflon sealant (two tubes)

18. Return line instructions, and related components.
OPTION: assembled.

19. Autometer 20psi boost/vacuum gauge.
OPTION: Any boost gauge available.

20. AFX Wideband and O2 sensor.

21. Detailed instruction Booklet (specific to your engine if it were stock, whether it be Magnum or non-Mag, SOHC or DOHC, those engines turbo kits will be developed after we catch up on orders for the SOHC kits) Will include Tuning instructions in great detail.

22. Almost 24/7 tech support.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

i just got a used 2004 neon SXT that i want to turbocharge. Only problem is that i can only find one entire turbo kit for it. It is a Hahn turbo kit that I found on www.sportcompactonly.com and it is $4,140. They say it will work perfectly on a stock neon. My question is will I need an aftermarket turbo exhaust or will a regular aftermarket exhaust system work? Also if you guys know of anything else I would need to make the turbo compatable with the car please tell me. Thanks.

Old 09-21-2006, 02:16 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: SXTspeed

i just got a used 2004 neon SXT that i want to turbocharge. Only problem is that i can only find one entire turbo kit for it. It is a Hahn turbo kit that I found on www.sportcompactonly.com and it is $4,140. They say it will work perfectly on a stock neon. My question is will I need an aftermarket turbo exhaust or will a regular aftermarket exhaust system work? Also if you guys know of anything else I would need to make the turbo compatable with the car please tell me. Thanks.
The Hahn has solid engineering and i've never heard a bad thing about thier quality. Everything should be included in that kit except you will need a new clutch. I would also suggest a wideband A/F gauge and the 2.5" Borla/Mopar catback exhaust.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:47 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

sorry i should been more specific. I don't think i need to get a new clutch or anything becuase my SXT is an automatic. I looked at borla exhaust but it is $600. I am thinking about Magnaflow or Thermal.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

The exhaust is the Mopar/Borla 2.5" catback, it costs roughly $350 from Modern Performance.

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx...aexhaust.shtml

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Turbo Thread *UPDATED*