2nd Gen Turbo Thread *UPDATED*

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:10 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd Gen Turbo thread

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead
oh, btw for some of you on here, im getting a little tired of seeing yall advertise your crap everywhere. im sure others shave this opinion... thats why there is a CLASSIFIEDS section on this forum, to buy, sell and trade. you can find it here: https://dodgeforum.com/forumid_58/tt.htm
Yes, I happen to agree, while i dont mind seeing the For Sale posts in the general 2nd Gen forum this turbo thread is for information not selling.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:55 PM
fbtiger58

sorry for the stupid *** question but, can you put a stage 1 or 2 turbo on an 2005 SXT automatic?

Old 11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

yes, but you don;t get the feeling of a manuel. And as stated before you could run a max of about 10 psi without causing major damage.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 PM
fbtiger58

what do you mean by"dont get a feeling of a manual"?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:48 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

i made a mistake in my post i said "for" in stead of of. I meant you don't feel the same felling as in a manual. The response is better in a manual transmission. you have more control.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:58 PM
AirWolf

What turbo do you mean the srt4 stage 1 or 2 of the hahn racecraft stage 1 or 2 . I have the stage 2 in my 1st gen neon and it handles really well only took it to the racetrack once since my husband and I installed it and ran nicely . Hahn has stage 1 or 2 for 2005 autos also. Go check on there website. Just as nice as a srt4 turbo .

Old 12-15-2006, 02:32 AM
Kapitald
Captain

Okay guys...need help....I have a 2004 neon sxt manual....I know quite a bit about how to go about installing this srt-4 turbo i bought on my car...but, I do need a link to somebody selling those darn sohc to dohc adapter plates....i dont know if anybody here has parts they want to sell but all i currently have is the turbo and exhaust manifold...i need the more important parts right now...I want a AGP stage 2 wastegate trigger...want a spearco monster intercooler and piping...walbro fuel pump...thats the biggies im looking for....also very confused when looking for parts..meaning i dont know whether to buy srt-4 parts...or sxt parts...so thats why im focusing on getting that darn adapter plate...

Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Kapitald

Okay guys...need help....I have a 2004 neon sxt manual....I know quite a bit about how to go about installing this srt-4 turbo i bought on my car...but, I do need a link to somebody selling those darn sohc to dohc adapter plates....i dont know if anybody here has parts they want to sell but all i currently have is the turbo and exhaust manifold...i need the more important parts right now...I want a AGP stage 2 wastegate trigger...want a spearco monster intercooler and piping...walbro fuel pump...thats the biggies im looking for....also very confused when looking for parts..meaning i dont know whether to buy srt-4 parts...or sxt parts...so thats why im focusing on getting that darn adapter plate...

Here's the link for the adapter plate, just take the space out between NEONS and .ORG in a separate web browser and the link will work...

http://forums.neons .org/viewtopic.php?t=221612

Your also going to need a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator (RRFPR), return line or spoolboy mod, and some gauges to keep track of stuff...

Old 12-16-2006, 04:48 AM
Kapitald
Captain

Yeah thanks i know i need all that small stuff too...im just worrying about the money for the bigger parts right now...also went to that link looked around a bit didnt see the adapter plate...ive found it once b4 a dude in canada was selling them...i also have a new question...is there ANY programmer out there that can cut the rev limiter or any governors off?? A programmer i can buy that can recalibrate my ecm for fuel injectors??Ive looked around and all i see is that AEM plug and play module for like 2 grand....thats a little steep...

Old 12-16-2006, 03:17 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Its called MegaSquirt (MS) and it can control all sorts of things, spark and fuel are just a few...its an open source system that will cost roughly $500 for a complete setup. Much better and way cheaper than the AEM.

That link i posted is the exact link that will take you to the adapter plate thread on NEONS. ORG...or you can just PM Mattdog on that website and he can send you the information...but they are $220 shipped usually.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Turbo Thread *UPDATED*