2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

LED lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
timplett
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED lighting

If anyone is looking for LED lights for any custom lighting in their cars I found a great site to get LEDs from: www.besthongkong.com They have a wide range of products, and offer some good quantity discounts. An especially useful item is their LEDs that come with a resistor and six inch pigtail soldered and sealed with heat-shrink tubing. They're meant for 12v applications, and you can just twist wire ends together to connect rather than having to solder and put resistors in and all that. Great for custom work.

This idea struck me the other day. I'm going to put several LEDs in the bottom of the cupholders, and hook them up so they turn on when the dash lights go on. Makes it easy to find your drinks at night. And it looks damn sweet when you've got a full water bottle with blue LEDs shining through it. I'm also planning on putting some LEDs inside the air ducts just for a cool effect.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
camlen1098
Professional
Default RE: LED lighting

shoot man put up some pics of that stuff, it sounds awesome...

Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM
timplett
Veteran
Default RE: LED lighting

As I am currently unemployed I'm not putting out any more money, no matter how little, but the gears are still spinning. Don't worry, as soon as I can do it I'll get pics up here.

Quick Reply: LED lighting