2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Q about short shifters and lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
CB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q about short shifters and lowering springs

I'm trying to find a short shifter for our neon, but everything on ebay is listed for the SRT-4. Will they fit our 05 neon sxt?

Also, I've heard a lot of good things about tein s-tech springs. Can you run them on Neon's with stock shocks and without a camber kit? I'm trying to get rid of some wheel gap on a budget without sacrificing ride quality... any suggestions?

Old 09-29-2006, 10:53 PM
ewetho
All Star
Default RE: Q about short shifters and lowering springs

You can get the Mopar one which is for the SRT4 or Regular Neon but it requires SRT4 shifter ****.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:09 PM
CB
Rookie

At $120, that's a little out of my price range. I like my $30 ebay short shifter I got for my Civic. That's the kind of deal I'm looking for...

The keywords here are: budget, reliability, and comfort.

It's my wifes car. I don't want the short shifter to sacrifice shif quality, just like the lowering springs can't sacrifice ride quality and I'd prefer not to change struts so I can stay in budget. It's not a race car, just a daily driver.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:12 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mopar Performance short throw shifter is the best, it replaces the entire shifter to properly change the throw geometry. It may cost a little more, but it is the easiest to change, keeps the factory shift **** height and doesn't cause any binding or premature and odd linkage/cable wear that other aftermarket STS can. I have sold several people on the Mopar STS by having them get in mine and try it.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
CB
Rookie

OK... I guess you guys are probably right then. The last thing I need is to get her a short shifter and then have here complain about it LOL (not that she doesn't already have enough to complain at me about LOL).

Thanks guys.

I'm still looking for some input on the economical lowering. Any thoughts on what springs I should use to lower the car a bit without sacrificing any ride quality and still be able to use stock shocks?

Quick Reply: Q about short shifters and lowering springs