2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

interesting day

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:15 AM
moobit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interesting day

I didnt see this dip up ahead, so i go in pretty hard and end up hitting my front end. Soon after i notice i have no power steering and the light for the batttery turns on in my cluster. So i go and check out the front end, pop the hood and notice that im missing the belt thats tied to the power steering and altenator, end up going and buying the belt and putting it on myself. But once i put it on, notice that the bottom motor mount doesnt even have a bolt on, meaning that the dang engine is hanging on one motor mount, which is why my dam car shakes so much. So all this time i have been running with one motor mount, i barely purchased prothan motor mount inserts but now i need to get the whole things and find that bolt that goes on. Any clues on where i could get it besides finding one in a junk yard?? thanks.

Old 10-06-2006, 03:00 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: interesting day

its just a bolt, i believe its a grade 10.9 im not sure but its the exact same as the top motor mount bolt, it should say on the head of the bolt and its the same size. possibly 18-19mm fine maybe im not too sure but you can prob get it at an auto parts store

Old 10-06-2006, 12:16 PM
nicks2kes
Veteran

go to modern performance, its expensive but they have solid motor mounts with a strong bolt kit.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
moobit
Professional

somehow this little incident caused my battery to die. Today i was driving home and my headlights just turned off, so then i started noticing my light where dimming and then until i got home, i turned my car off and tried turning it back on and nothing. My interior lights turn on when i turn the key but when i try to turn on the key, i get nothing, just a cracking sound that seems to be from the starter or something, any ideas, battery or not? Also, for the past few weeks sometimes when i try to turn on the headlights, they dont turn on, until i go and wiggle the cable and then they turn on, could something have cause this and led to my battery not fully functioning anymore, also causing my car not to turn on? thanks.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:41 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

battery or dirty cables.....you mighta loosened sumthing up when you hit the bump....especially without a motor mount bolt in there...
the front mount bolt is smaller then the side mounts

Old 10-07-2006, 05:03 PM
sxt_seven

that sucks! you could go to a junk yard where you live or go to jegs.com they have stuff for mopor!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 PM
moobit
Professional

doesnt seem to be the battery or the cables. I changed battery and had the same problem. I also went to get a new alternator cause it seems like it was just running on the battery, like if the alternator wasnt charign the battery. But i still seem to got the same result. O, and i finally got the bolt for the motor mount and added prothane motor mount inserts But i still have those dam electrical problems. My car turns on, but then after a while it just looses power and once i turn it off, it wont turn on again.

Quick Reply: interesting day