2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Welp... i finally bought some audio equipment...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welp... i finally bought some audio equipment...

I didn't think it would ever happen (cuz I dont really need a good system imo), but my rear speakers did need a bit of pepping up.

What you think?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: Welp... i finally bought some audio equipment...

very cute lol just kidding looks great. ive heard problems about sonys though, but i have 2 6x9s for a loong time and ive seen no problem with them so hopefully youll have the same luck as i have

Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
timplett
Veteran

As far as car audio goes, I will be honest and say that I myself would not go Sony. They are ok, but for the same price or little more you can get much better stuff. They should be fine though and hope they work out great for you.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

thanks guys. they sound awesome. I mainly listen to rock, so I shouldnt have too much problem (plus i dont blare music too loud anyways).

Old 10-18-2006, 02:10 AM
timplett
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Freerider

thanks guys. they sound awesome. I mainly listen to rock, so I shouldnt have too much problem (plus i dont blare music too loud anyways).
Oh yeah they should be fine. Just watch out, because it's going to start snowballing now. I started to out "just" replacing my deck. Then came the amp and sub, then a different sub, then a different one yet (currently JBL 10"). And once I catch up with my expenses that built up during my unemployment, the speakers are all getting swapped, probably for Clarion.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
QBall02
Rookie

Why not put them in the stock location so you dont have to look at them. I got some real nice 6x9s hiding under my carpet

Old 10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

cuz they look nice?[&:]

Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

freerider...first of all i must say i admire you for openly saying and being happy about...YEAH I BOUGHT SOME SONYS!!!...but you know what though...i cant knock you...because...your happy with it...and thats all that matters...to me? ive had nothing but bad experiences with phoney(err...sony)...but i mean...the point is...you replaced your speakers...they obviously sound better then the stock ones you had in there before...but i mean...as long as YOUR happy...thats all that matters man...however i WILL say...that it WILL snowball...dont get it twisted...i listen to rock and metal...heavily....godsmack...stone sour...mushroomhead...staind...to name a few...and nothing sounds better then godsmack...which has excellent production...on a nice and well tuned stereo WITH subs(no its not just for the bassheads that want to annoy you @2am when your sleeping)trust me i promise you...its a world of difference...just do yourself a favor...if ur gonna drop some serious money...dont do it on some rinky dinky ****...what i mean is...leave room for upgrading...theres nothing worse then buying a full system 3-4 times across 5 years...because u need something louder...or want it to sound better...it may look expensive now...but in the long run...its much well worth it...oh and CD Players...Alpine is the BEST hands down =o)...if you need any help deciding...feel free to shoot me a message or whatever and ill help you out...anyway...enough of my rambling...congrats on your purchase...

Old 10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

oh...and not that im going to bring on the snowball..lolbut listen close...your back speakers sound alot better and are louder then your front ones...because they have less resistance in them allowing them to see more power then your front factory speakers...just listen close...i guarentee you'll see it...lol...anyway...again...congrats man!

Old 10-19-2006, 02:06 AM
irishking
Professional

Speaker deck looks good but you should of went with something a little better than sony 6x9's. I work in a car audio department and what we sell at my store i would of went with polk audio 3 ways.. but if they work for you more power to ya..

Quick Reply: Welp... i finally bought some audio equipment...