2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

aux line in ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
R/Tconvert
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aux line in ?

To the stereio experts: I've got the 6 disc changer in my 2004. I just installed a Sirius modulator and I'm not happy with the audio quality. I want to wire it direct (it has an output and some RCA style cables, and I have an Aux Box) instead of broadcasting via FM to my antenna. My question is: Is there a way to wire this in direct without loosing the ability of using my changer? I'm assuming that I could replace the changer input with an input from the Sirius unit but I'd like to be able to use both.

Thanks,

Old 11-02-2006, 06:20 AM
hlfbck20
Professional
Default RE: aux line in ?

where did you place the antenna for the radio?? bc if it is inside the car you are getting interferance which will contribute to your ack of good sound quality.. re-locating the antenna may be your easiest thing to do...

Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM
R/Tconvert
Rookie

it's on the roof per standard procedure. Can't imagine it working in the car. It cuts out in the garage. XM is much strongef than Sirius. The line out sounds much better regardless. Typically the satalite signal is either there or it's not.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:56 PM
hlfbck20
Professional

i dont believe that the stock radios are xm ready. your going to have to get an aftermarket one... and with them your local stations will not come in as clearly as it does with your stock radio

Old 11-04-2006, 04:26 PM
R/Tconvert
Rookie

No. I realize that the 04 neon is not factory XM ready. That's why I bought the modulator. The modulator has a line out where I can go directly to an amplifier. I did this in my old Regal (don't laugh it was supercharged). Basicly you fool the car into thinking the Sirius/XM signal is from a CD changer. Problem here is that I have a CD changer and don't want to make it unusable. Looking for some one with experience with this. I have no idea why you think local stations won't tune with an aftermarket reciever.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
hlfbck20
Professional

i never said they wont tune in. what i said is not all stations come in clear.. in my case most new york sstations do not come in clear in my car.. they used to when i had the stock head unit. now the line out in your amp is taken up by the changer?

Quick Reply: aux line in ?