2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 AM
ab_cartman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

First question, Would the manual transmission from an srt4 work on my 2004sxt auto, and if it would what else would i need to make it work? The only reason I ask this is because i could get a pretty good deal on one

Second question, I know a turbo would be the best way to make my car faster but I really want to stay N/A, so my question is could i take the 2.4 out of an srt4 and put it in my car without the turbo? If id couls do this it would be nice because i could just do the tranny and engine at the same time.

any suggestions are wealcome. thanx.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:04 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: Questions

ORIGINAL: ab_cartman

First question, Would the manual transmission from an srt4 work on my 2004sxt auto, and if it would what else would i need to make it work? The only reason I ask this is because i could get a pretty good deal on one

Second question, I know a turbo would be the best way to make my car faster but I really want to stay N/A, so my question is could i take the 2.4 out of an srt4 and put it in my car without the turbo? If id couls do this it would be nice because i could just do the tranny and engine at the same time.

any suggestions are wealcome. thanx.
As far as I know the T850 will work on the 2.0 engine, but it wouldnt be as simple as just installing a new T350. You can run a N/A 2.4 but if you buy an SRT-4 engine and remove the turbo you will need to replace several items such as exhaust manifold, fuel injectors, and things of that nature...te SRT-4 engine also has very low compression pistons compared to the PT Cruisers 2.4 N/A engine.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:03 AM
ab_cartman
Rookie

so how much extra work would it take to put the PT cruiser engine in my car?

Old 11-04-2006, 01:16 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: ab_cartman

so how much extra work would it take to put the PT cruiser engine in my car?
It wouldnt take any extra work to put in the PT 2.4 vs. the SRT-4 2.4...the only problem is you will need to locate a new intake manifold for the PT 2.4 because the stock intake manifold will not fit under the Neon hood.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
fullbuilt
All Star

the 2.0 is one of the best platforms with tons of N/A options. if you pull the engine just change to a 10.5 compresion piston it will be cheaper and a lot faster that a granny pt swap. If you do dicide to go 2.4 just pick up a swap kit and it will work fine.

Quick Reply: Questions