Where is the Oil Pan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Nappers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where is the Oil Pan?

ORIGINAL: NHARINTON

just so you can learn, jack your car up... put it on jack stands so you dont get crushed!!!! Then look for the honeycomp looking pan directly under the engine, thier is a bolt (i think it is a 10mm) on the back bottom side, with a oil pan right under it remove the bolt..... oil will stream out, when it has stoped remove the oil filter again with the pan under it..... when all the oil has stoped dripping ( i still dump one bottle of oil in just to flush it) reinstall the bolt and new oil filter. (make sure to put some oil on the cork gasket on top of the new filter... or it will leak) fill with oil through the oil cap on top of the engine. start the car.... make sure of no leaks and bam you done!!!! should take no more the 30 min. your first time, after a few times you can do it in about 10-15 min. max!! good luck!! EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIER OIL!!!

PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE HELP YOU. We don't want to see anyone get hurt using their scissor jack to jack up the car and a 2X4 to hold it. Everyone should be able to change their oil, so now is a good time but have a buddy over to show you how. Also have them show you other critical parts to look at for proper maintenance.

Good luck and have fun.

Use a good filter and oil too! I use Mobil 1 synthetic ("new" '05 Neon SXT) and Wix/Napa Gold filters, about the best for the money.

L8R

Aaron