2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:01 AM
JTM78
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

I'm graduateing from a automotive tech school tomarrow. The company I'm working for is going to pay me 48k a year. So what do you think about the Hahn racing turbo, 2nd stage? Do you know if it comes with a reflashed ECU, a stand alone, or will I need the MS that everyone talks about? I have disc, drum set up. How much to go with disc all the way around and the abs system because mine doesn't have abs. The suspension is stock, any ideas on that? Any ideas would be very helpful!!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:26 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker
Default RE: What do you think?

I myself am not that great on turbo's but i do know we will need to know the year and model... Se/sxt!!!

Old 11-30-2006, 09:56 AM
chazlewood75
Rookie

You can always upgrade the suspension which makes any Neon even more fun to drive. You may need to upgrade to wider wheels and tires too so you have more rubber on the road for take-off and stopping power. Great brakes and more power is no good if you are on ice-skates.

Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

The HRC stage 2 is a very good kit and it's a good starting point. I would go with it and I dont think the MS is neccesary the kit should work fine with out any additional parts.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

if you can find a junker r/t get the rear discs by tacking the hole tower thell swap up nicley

Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: JTM78

I'm graduateing from a automotive tech school tomarrow. The company I'm working for is going to pay me 48k a year. So what do you think about the Hahn racing turbo, 2nd stage? Do you know if it comes with a reflashed ECU, a stand alone, or will I need the MS that everyone talks about? I have disc, drum set up. How much to go with disc all the way around and the abs system because mine doesn't have abs. The suspension is stock, any ideas on that? Any ideas would be very helpful!!

Hahn has solid engineering and you cant go wrong spending the extra money for their products. You will need to choose either MS or a RRFPR for your fuel...but MS will allow you to control fuel, spark, boost control, nitrous, etc...If you have the know-how go MS right off the bat to control fuel and spark. To get rear discs you can either find a junked R/T or SRT-4 and swap everything...the R/T and SRT-4 rear discs are identical IIRC. Suspension, get some nice coilovers (Eibach, Tein, KSport, etc...) and some nice wide tires...with the coilovers I believe you can go to the 8" wide tires.