K&N Generation II FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
mike9fore
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Generation II FIPK

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-1534

Check this out! I need a little more feedback. I have been looking for something to thats not a CAI and I think I may have found it. What do you guys think.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
chazlewood75
Rookie
Default RE: K&N Generation II FIPK

I have looked at that setup as well, but I didn't want to spend that much money. There are cheaper options that could possibly give you more bang for your buck too.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:57 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: chazlewood75

I have looked at that setup as well, but I didn't want to spend that much money. There are cheaper options that could possibly give you more bang for your buck too.

I want to avoid a CAI living in the Mid-Atlantic you can get alot of rain and my car is my daily driver. Thats why I want something that is more towards a short ram.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

So if you want a setup like that just put a filter on your throttle body and call it good. My car is my daily driver as well...midwest here. I can tell you that you will have a hard time hydrolocking your car unless you don't pay attention to what you're doing. You would have to drive through probably 9 inches of water to suck up water. I drove through probably about 4 inches over the summer several times right after an extremely hard rainfall. I was kind of hesistant because my car is so low...a pop can just barely fits underneath it for reference as to how low it sits. But I didn't have a choice other then to wait for everything to drain. My point being that you have to drive through a LOT of water. But whatever floats your boat, the CAI won't make that big of a difference over that.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:08 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

So if you want a setup like that just put a filter on your throttle body and call it good. My car is my daily driver as well...midwest here. I can tell you that you will have a hard time hydrolocking your car unless you don't pay attention to what you're doing. You would have to drive through probably 9 inches of water to suck up water. I drove through probably about 4 inches over the summer several times right after an extremely hard rainfall. I was kind of hesistant because my car is so low...a pop can just barely fits underneath it for reference as to how low it sits. But I didn't have a choice other then to wait for everything to drain. My point being that you have to drive through a LOT of water. But whatever floats your boat, the CAI won't make that big of a difference over that.

Thanks you have always been a help man!

Old 12-19-2006, 05:45 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Yeah, again, you REALLY have to TRY HARD to even get close to having a problem. The stock ride hight and the way the CAI are set up there's almost a foot and a half of clearence to the bottom of the filter even on a CAI so you wont have a problem. Only time you would have a problem is if you tried to cross on of those low bridges when it floods like you see on the local news. lol, people don't make sence sometimes.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 04 mo neon

Yeah, again, you REALLY have to TRY HARD to even get close to having a problem. The stock ride hight and the way the CAI are set up there's almost a foot and a half of clearence to the bottom of the filter even on a CAI so you wont have a problem. Only time you would have a problem is if you tried to cross on of those low bridges when it floods like you see on the local news. lol, people don't make sence sometimes.

My Brother-in-law works out of a shop around here and he sees the Hydrolock problem alot with people (civic drivers) who have the CAI.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:17 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

thats preety much the same as pullin the top of your air box and puttin in a cone filter. are you sure you want to flush the extra money.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: fullbuilt

thats preety much the same as pullin the top of your air box and puttin in a cone filter. are you sure you want to flush the extra money.
Just a Thought....Just looking for the best as far that is concerned...

Old 12-20-2006, 05:12 PM
JDC420
Professional

With a CAI on a civic the filter sits really low. It's prolly just nozzle faces thinking since their civic can beat a Geo Metro they can drive across water or some shiz.

Quick Reply: K&N Generation II FIPK