2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Brake Grinding???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
mike9fore
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Grinding???

Ok Guys I have a good one for ya! Listen I have looked through previous posts about brakes grinding and nothing that can help my case....I have a grinding on the passanger side wheel at less then 10 mph. I have thought it was everything from the back plate to the caliper locking up. I did all my checks and even asked a second opinion of someone to look at it and there was no sign of grinding on the rotors. So, my question is anyone have this problem??? I didnt like the stock mopar pads and rotors and for price purposes I put on some AcDelco pads and rotors.

Any Help Would be Great!

Old 12-29-2006, 04:18 PM
srt boy
Default RE: Brake Grinding???

Usually grinding brakes can be attributed to just Cheap Parts!I havn't heard of any stock neons brakes not making some kind of noise or squeal.It's sounds like something could be warpped?Does it make the sound steadily or does it sound like it's doing itonly once every revolution?

Old 12-29-2006, 04:25 PM
mike9fore
Veteran
Default RE: Brake Grinding???

When brakes are applied and the wheel comes to a almost complete stop thats when you can hear a grind...No doubt that it is a very cheap bunch of pads and rotors I just put theses Pads and Rotors on less then a month ago!. yet, I am saving up for some drilled and slotted rotors and some pads so, this isnt the end of the world....

Quick Reply: Brake Grinding???