2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

"Fuse Error" displays in Odometer???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
comcardi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Fuse Error" displays in Odometer???

Hello to all,

I just purchased a 2001 Plymouth Neon for my sister and it currently has 61K on the ticker. Have not had any problems with the car until today. The dome light stopped working and the interior driving lights will not come on sometimes. This morning she started the car and it gave her the famous Chrysler single chime then displayed "Fuse Error" in the odometer. I checked all the fuses and none appear to be blown, but I am going to replace the dome light fuse tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone has some ideas/suggestions as to what the problem could be? If it helps, the previous owner has a additional things in the car that they removed speakers, up graded radio, body kit w/ lights. They put all the stock componets back on the car and just taped off the wires. I was wondering if the are touching something they shouldn't be thus frying a fuse somewhere.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:37 AM
04 mo neon
All Star
Default RE: "Fuse Error" displays in Odometer???

I would check the speaker wires and neon light wires they taped into for power like you said to make sure none of them have come loose and are touching the frame.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:55 AM
herexwexgox

its the dome light. i had the same problem. once you replace the light it should stop flashing "fuse". i also had a problem with it flashing on and off saying my door was open, but then got some kind of sensor adjusted and that stoped too. but if its just saying fuse, it should stop once the light is replaced

Old 01-04-2007, 01:18 AM
srt boy

I recently had the exact same problem after i swapped my interior wiringfor srt-4 harnesses.The problem for me was the pink wire running from the dome light and the trunk light.This wirewasn't fully connected on one end making it an incomplete circuit.Once i completed the connection problem solved.Hope this helps

Quick Reply: "Fuse Error" displays in Odometer???