2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Introduce Yourself Here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:51 PM
joeh55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New poster Ram 01 brakes

HI all Joe from KS here.
my usr nm says it all. Having a issue with my 2001 Ram brake failure at 234000 miles. LOL I'm keeping her. Would app. if u can point me in the right dir. for some advice. Thks,

Old 08-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Tataduhende
Smile Rescued 2000

Hey guys my name is Rob, and I have cently bought a 2000 neon automatic with no power anything lol that was parked for 4 months after overheating and a general lack of maintenance demotivated it's owner. So far I've replaced all hoses on the cooling system apart from the upper radiator hose, as well as patched up a hole on the bottom of the overflow reservoir with jb weld. Battery and battery terminals were old and so both were changed, as well as putting in new spark plugs and all fluids were topped up. They had 2 different sized wheels on the front and were wondering why it was pulling to the right, lmao! Got the two front tires changed and replaced the spare as well (my car had 14's with a 15" spare...? What's the right size?).

I'm doing this all on the minimalist kinda budget here, so when I realized that only the front left speaker was working, I decided to pull 2 rear speakers off a geo metro (you heard me right) for free from a friend and wired them up and now it sounds good, and somehow the front right dash speaker started to play all by itself lol. I also got a 500w amp for free as well as a cheap I 50wx4 stereo deck with USB line in line out stuff which I'll cut out a piece of sheet metal to mount it in the stock location since it's that much smaller and I don't wanna buy an adapter lol

The back seat was all a mess. The plastic bit for the seat bottom was missing on the passenger side - the upholstery was coming loose on the bottom as well as the back on the drivers side, and the main frame wasn't even hooked in (which actually made the speaker replacement easier). I managed to get it all hooked into place with a little force and no tools, and its overall a better fit and cleaner looking unused space.

My upper and lower engine mounts are completely free flying with broken rubber, and I've ordered some already online and just waiting to receive them and install all 3 with the help of another friend.

One issue I'm faced with currently is my urgency in replacing one clogged fuel injector (has the same resistance as the other injectors, and makes a ticking sound like the other injectors when listening with a long screwdriver, but the cylinder is dead, engine misfires on cylinder 3 without an error code, and I've also tested all fuel injector leads for appropriate voltage. The stores around here don't have the fuel injector for my 2000 neon but apparently have for newer models in gen 2. Aren't the engines all the same? Shouldn't I be able to use the same injector?

In either case I bought this car for $300usd and have put very little money into it, but I'm planning to try to raise its value to around $2,500 with mostly my labor.

By the way, I'm in Belize, Central America. Cheers to you all, thanks for reading any or all of this and your feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Old 08-10-2017, 06:36 PM
BrokeItAgain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got a toy!

Hi, my name is Todd, I'm a Libra, and I like long walks in the parts yard by moonlight. Seriously though, 05 neon, rough as a cob mechanical, but interior is good, body is meh. Car was given to me, and all I had to do was pay the dollar for the notary. Lol

I used to rallycross years ago, but life took too much time, and I had to give it up. Been toying with the idea for a couple of years now, but since I got it free, and there's nothing wrong I can't do myself, why not? I guess you could say God loves racing.

I will be posting what I accomplish and probably asking a lot of questions. Have a good one!

Old 08-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Vinnietbird
Default New to the page and Neons....

Hello. I am apparently new here. I've been on Ford forums for years with my Fox Thunderbird.

I bought a 2001 Dodge Neon for $300 a while back and have been slowly replacing parts and getting it back in shape. So far,

replacement carpet
replacement seats (stock)
stock steel wheels with new tires
new brakes
new electric fan, radiator cap, thermostat
radiator
water pump and timing belt
spark plugs and wires
ECM
Stereo with XM radio
tie rod ends

In route.....

new fuel pump assembly
new temp sending unit
second new thermostat (not sure if mine is doing what it should)
new fan relay

I need to replace the oil pan gasket. The car actually has 205000 miles on it, but the motor just ticks away like a sewing machine. Doesn't miss a beat, no smoke or motor problems, trans shifts well. I do need to replace some suspension bushings, but in time.

It has a couple os small issues, but one piece at a time.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Dave_w
Question new guy with neon issues

hey all new here and looking for answers and a lot of them. first of all where do i need to be to post questions. secondly how do i post questions. thirdly just completed a tranny swap and need HELP!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2017, 02:19 AM
Mr.dodgeram
Smile

Hi I'm new to and I have a question I have a 94 Dodge Ram 5.9 4x4 and I was wondering up to what year would another transmission fit in her I was told up to 97 as long as it is a 5.2 or a 5.9 and if it's 4x4 help asap

Old 09-30-2017, 10:19 PM
otis_771
Amateur

Hey guys, new to the neon forums, chrysler tech from Alberta, currently swapping a 3.8L into my 2nd gen neon, watch out for my thread!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:48 PM
itls@sbcglobal.net
Unhappy 69 year old 1978 dodge maxi-van 360 b300 1 ton owner

Hello !!!!

I am an old codger 69 years old and i have a sweet 1978 dodge maxi-van b300 1 ton camper van with a fiberglass top..
The transmission that joins to my engine at the top has an 1 inch (approx) round hole that is open.. Is that customary to have
a hole at the top that is not inclosed in any way??? If not, where can i get a plug or whatever to fit it?? Also, does it need to have a
hole in the plug so that air excapes or no ???
Please help..
Thank you in advance
vic.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Tdf440

Tom here. Ive been stalking these groups figured its high time i join. I live in newjersey 30 minutes from atlantic city. Ive been dodge truck guy since about 1975. Ive taken a 79 power wagon removed the 318 and inserted a 440 that was in my younger days. I had fun with the mustang gts back then. They thought it would be a easy win. But no no. Ive been working on dodges since i could turn a wrench. I currently
have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7 and my plow and play truck is a 1995 dodge ram 5.9 gas with 210000 miles on it. It keeps me busy. Right now gotta yank the tranny. Anyway ill be looking at exhaust posts for the 2016. Dont want it to loud wanna see if theres any option pipes to eliminate the resonator to start with.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:06 PM
itls@sbcglobal.net
Unhappy Hello my name is vic and we live in ft worth, tx

Does anyone know how long it might take for an insurance company to call you if an auto shop damages your vehicle???
So far, it took 2 weeks for them to inspect it. The auto mechanic accidently drove my van off their rack and hit the alignment machine ahead of it and broken my grille and damaged some other parts. How long should it take before someone from the insurance company calls you????
Vic

Quick Reply: Introduce Yourself Here!