Headlight retro started WIP

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 AM
04 mo neon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight retro started WIP

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

looks good but i would rather have a black backround. the chrome serves no purpose now but thats just me
I think he's gonna paint the reflector mirrors if I'm not mistaken here which I very well could be, b/c in my opinion if you could get that black abs plastic material it would look better. But then you'd have to mount the projector in that insteat of the back of the housing right? Oh and if your keeping the crome outlines like around the turn signal I'm ALL FOR THAT, THAT IS HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE, rather than the way the depo black headlights come, be to each his own I guess.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:38 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yes, I am going to paint the inside black. I am fabbing up a trim piece to go in the inside at the moment (I have to recut the piece because I'm slightly off on my first try, it will be perfect 2nd go round cause now I have a guide). Basically just the outer trim will be chrome, rest will be black. What do the depo black housing ones look like anyhow? I am working on depos...but they're the stock looking chrome ones obviously.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Good luck I backed out on doing mine just think it would be easier to get some black housings or keep my custom blacked out headlights.lookin good if you know what your doing.
Yeah, black housings will be waaaaaaaaaaaaay easier. But anyone can get those. There are hardly no projectors on any 2nd gen neon or SRT. I'm not even sure if anyone makes projectors for the 2nd gen/srt anymore either. I know there are some, but when it comes to numbers there aren't many. I am sort of a lighting freak to some extent. My car stands out, it turns heads because of how it looks (in a good way). I had someone ask today what it was....lol. They couldn't tell apparently. I told em it was a neon and they said it looked damn good. Blocks...have you see new BMW's? Audis? Porsche? Mercedes? They all have projectors. They're the cars you see in the distance coming at you with the blue lights. The pattern from projectors is so much clearer and evenly spread then from halogen lights. Then there is people who put those 10,000k halogen bulbs in there car to attain an "hid" look but in reality they just cut the amount of useable light down. And yes, I am one of those people who put bulbs in their car that are hid like. However mine are fairly bright. Mine are supposed to be 7000k, but aren't incredibly blue. My projectors will blow them out of the water though. Bezels are here now so that headlight tomorrow. Woot!
Yeah your ride does look really nice . You havent seen my ride well Im not through with her as of yet I have some custom black with chrome lip srt4 rims locally im gettin for 250.00 bucks and gettin some falken 512s from tire rack and a drop and srt rear rolled and a srt turbo swap not getting a hahn anymore and a custom vader front badge and sxt-4 cf/red rear badge and think I will keep my headlights the way they look now always have someone come up to me and say hey I need to do that to mine . I have the rockblocker smoked fllm on mine and my fogs. Maybe do the projectors later like you said not to many 2nd gens have them . Maybe when I see yours all done Ill do mine . Good luck!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion
Default Opinions wanted on headlight retro

Projector is permanently mounted in headlight housing as of now. Color mod has been done. Head light housing has been painted. Inner trim housing has been painted, but I opted to leave part of it chrome. Not sure if I dig it or not. I think I dig it, but I didn't get as smooth of lines as I had wanted though so I think that is why I am questioning it. I just have a few things to permanently mount and then I can seal it back up. I'll probably start on the other side before I permanently finish the other one. Woot for pictures.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1628/E08FFE1F8F834A6DB59BF993B0A2FCF6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-13-2007, 04:01 PM
blk94z28
Professional
Default RE: Opinions wanted on headlight retro

Very nice job, looks nice and will look even better because you have a black car.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:13 PM
jBoRiCuA
Professional

Nice! looks real nice. That amber turn signals brings it down a little tho.. idk, just in my opinion.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:18 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: jBoRiCuA

Nice! looks real nice. That amber turn signals brings it down a little tho.. idk, just in my opinion.
I have white LEDs in my car right now. They will replacing that. That is just used for looks at the moment.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:46 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

First off what do you mean the lines arn't as clean as you'd hoped.

Second: looks great man really nice work!!!

Third: love that you kept the crome which matches the front grill peices.

Fourth: What did you use for the black mounting piece?

Old 01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

looks absolutly amazing can i have them now

Old 01-13-2007, 07:40 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

So what is everyones opinion of the chrome on the outside and around the blinker? Yay or nay? I say yay. Only doubt I have is I'm not sure I like the the lines, they are not quite as smooth as I was hoping for.

Quick Reply: Headlight retro started WIP