2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I HAVE A QUICK ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Acrfanatic
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HAVE A QUICK ?

There is actually frost on the inside of my windshield. I can actually get a scraper and scrape it off....what is the problem?

Old 01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
fullbuilt
All Star
Default RE: I HAVE A QUICK ?

may sound lame but check that your windows are all the way up

Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM
k12allen
Professional

ORIGINAL: Acrfanatic

There is actually frost on the inside of my windshield. I can actually get a scraper and scrape it off....what is the problem?
Problem is water inside the truck.

Could it bea window was left down, it rained, inside got wet, window got rolled up later, and weather got cold? That waywater vapor from wet carpetwill freeze on the inside of the windshiled. Did that myself once.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

side note...don't think this is it....

but now I actually see it on the roads and laugh,... people who do not know how to turn off that "recirculation" switch... the one where u can choose whether the air comes in from the outside, or if you want it to re-circ like the A/C on Max....
only time yer supposed to switch that iswhen u first start up the car to get it really cold with the A/C, then u turn it back.... if u leave it in recirc all the windows will fog up! [sm=loser.gif]

sometimes I see people driving down the freeway, furiously wiping the inside of thier windows cuz they arefogging up.... when all they have to do is turn recirc off ! losers! it's funny!

oh, I also use thisswitch when I see a skunk or something smelly coming...kinda stops the smell from coming inside if u catch it in time. Hence, in our house, that switchis now known as the "skunk switch"

Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
CleanNeon
Rookie

Outside chance but tailights gaskets. Yes the tailights have gaskets. It seems like at 50,000 miles or so that they start to leak. One way to check for sure islook underyour spare tire for water. Outside chance this is the problem since you only said your windshield.Just something else for you to check if you can't figure it out.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

It could be vapor that is in the car. I had this happen to me last night, but I also have a hunk of ice on my floor that won't melt because its too cold out and I don't drive far enough for my car to heat up enough to melt it all the way.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:53 AM
Exubus
Champion

I would bet this week's paycheck that it is definitely just water vapor trapped inside your car... the vapor ends up freezing and voila... frost on the inside. I had this same thing happen to me on the weekend when the temp dropped40 degrees here all the way down to-14... wet carpets in the daytime = frosty windows the next morning.

Quick Reply: I HAVE A QUICK ?