2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

New Sticky??? (i need everyones input!!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sticky??? (i need everyones input!!)

I was thinking about this the other day...i know we have the "How to make your 2nd gen faster" thread but its far from organized and full of a lot of crap. My idea was to create a new thread that details all the bolt-ons you can do to your Neon, how much they cost, where to buy them, who makes them, difficulty of installation, basic install instructions, maybe pictures of the particular mod, and what kind of gains/what it does to your Neon.

What does everyone think? I would need some help like the best kind of format, the thread name, and things like that. The basic format I would use would be like:

Modification: Cold Air Intake (CAI)
Manufacturers: K&N, AEM, "Ebay Brand".
Price Range w/ Filter: $100-$220
Where to Buy: ModernPerformance.Com, Ebay.Com, HowellAutomotive.Com
Difficulty of Installation (1 as easiest 10 as most difficult): 1
Time For Installation: 30 minutes - 1 Hour
Expected Gains (in WHP): 1-3whp
Explanation of Mod: A Cold Air Intake (aka CAI) is designed to relocate the vehicles intake filter closer to a cool air source such as outside the engine compartment to increase engine performance.

What do you guys think??

Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM
blocks885
Veteran
Default RE: New Sticky???

That sounds GREAT! Being a novice at this, it definitely helps sometimes seeing an explanation and maybe even some installation pictures if people do that while installing and if not, a few of us should start. I definitely liked how a few of you did that and posted in the thread the pictures. I mean when you first start out you don't know where to begin. So having it listed at difficulty level, hours and even the sites (cheapest to most expensive) would help TONS to the people that are looking around. Let alone when you start out, you want to start out easy so you'd choose a few 1's and 2's. But to be honest, make sure people are objective. I mean a 1 to a moderator may be a 5 to a newbie.

That's my opinion. Good idea though. We should definitely do it.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

if your going to make it a sticky, I think we should include a pile of Dodge Forum knowledge and lock it. That way it remains organized!

I say, pooling info in this thread, and then making the sticky up top will mean a well organized and thought out post to ensure people will understand it.

I think it is better than the latter... as seeing the other one whent to heck[:-]

P.S. I think that layout is pretty good!! The only thing I would do different is maybe include a picture or 2 with the product installed (so people know what it looks like and how it should be).

Old 01-07-2007, 10:49 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Yeah I would have it locked at all times so the same thing didnt happen twice...any revisions would just be sent to me and i would make or add any changes accordingly. Finished pictures can be done, but I would need other users help for that since there are some things i havent done to my R/T yet...like a 60mm TB for example.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM
blk94z28
Professional
Default RE: New Sticky??? (i need everyones input!!)

Thats a great idea, i was thinking it needed some sort of orginazation when i was lookin through it.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Yeah I would have it locked at all times so the same thing didnt happen twice...any revisions would just be sent to me and i would make or add any changes accordingly. Finished pictures can be done, but I would need other users help for that since there are some things i havent done to my R/T yet...like a 60mm TB for example.
which i have

Old 01-07-2007, 11:38 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Freerider

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

which i have
Feel free to write the review in that format...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

Modification: 60mm Throttle Body
Manufacturers: Lorenzo, Modern Performance, Howell Automotive.
Price Range: $259.99 - $269.99
Where to Buy: ModernPerformance, HowellAutomotive.Com
Difficulty of Installation (1 as easiest 10 as most difficult): 2
Expected Gains (in WHP): Depends on Current Modifications. With little modifications maybe 1-2 WHP
Explanation of Mod: Stock throttle bodies are sized around 49mm. This is highly restrictive and can be a bottle neck for airflow if you have done appropriate mods such as a full exhaust and intake system. A 60mm Throttle Body will increase the amount of air let into the engine, adding horsepower.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Freerider

Modification: 60mm Throttle Body
Manufacturers: Lorenzo, Modern Performance, Howell Automotive.
Price Range: $259.99 - $269.99
Where to Buy: ModernPerformance, HowellAutomotive.Com, LFSRacing.Com.
Difficulty of Installation (1 as easiest 10 as most difficult): 2
Expected Gains (in WHP): Depends on current modifications. With little modifications maybe 1-2 WHP, however, much increased throttle response over stock should be expected.
Explanation of Mod: Stock throttle bodies are sized around 49mm. This is highly restrictive and can be a bottle neck for airflow if you have done appropriate mods such as a full exhaust and intake system. A 60mm Throttle Body will increase the amount of air let into the engine, adding horsepower.
Excellent...had to add my personal touch though .

I still need a good title for the thread though...needs to be bold and straight to the point for all the n00bs. .

Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 AM
04 mo neon
All Star

That sounds perfect, you should make it so you have levels of performance/visual mods so like easy would be cai, tint, etc...

Just make sure you really put the time into the sticky b/c if done right it could be a HUGE sucess, but if not it will just end up like the current one. BUT TO ME IT SOUNDS AWSOME!!!!!!! GO FOR IT!!!

Quick Reply: New Sticky??? (i need everyones input!!)