2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Water in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:47 AM
guns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in trunk

I have an 04 SX and i looked in the trunk where the spare tire goes there was some water. Did any one else have this problem and if so how would the water get in or could it be just some sweat under the spare tire that bulided up over time?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:51 AM
04 mo neon
All Star
Default RE: Water in trunk

Honestly there has been alot of talk for some crazy reason on water leaking/getting into the trunk. I honestly don't think the answer is bad seals or bad install of tail lights etc...

What I think the answer is which is pretty simple and happened to my car the weekend before I even bought it lol. The trunk is kinda touchy to get closed securely. What can happen is you close it and it only latches part way, and it looks closed but actually isn't. Then it rains or the air moisture gets in, and over time it builds up in the spare tire compartment. Just my theory on the subject.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM
mike9fore
Veteran

ORIGINAL: guns

I have an 04 SX and i looked in the trunk where the spare tire goes there was some water. Did any one else have this problem and if so how would the water get in or could it be just some sweat under the spare tire that bulided up over time?
The life exp. of the tail light seals are about (2) years! its an 04 so, you need to change the seals...

Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
CleanNeon
Rookie

Tail light seals do go bad on these cars for some reason. If you look at thesides of the rear bumper after driving in the rain you will see that where the body and bumper come togather it forms a perfect channel. The water fills into the channel andforces aganist those cheap seals. Pull everything off your trunk floor pan dry them outclean the water out of the trunk and I would suggest checking underneath the rear seat also. When you pull the old seals out you will be able to see if they were leaking. If they were leaking they will have dirty water marks between them and the body or tailight.Good luck.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:49 PM
jBoRiCuA
Professional

Water is coming in through the tail lights. You need a better seal. Open the trunk and take out the fake carpet it has around the tail lights. Pour water with a hose on the little canals on the outside and watch the water just leak in slowly but surely into your car. Just buy some windshield seal or something and go around the tail light with it.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM
illriginalized
Rookie

roflmao... holy crap.. Dodge Neons have tail light seals? LOL

This will officially be my first and last American vehicle. I'm going back to JP cars and never going outside the realm of JP cars.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

^^ Your ignorance is mind boggling. No offense of course.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Honda-782...water-leak.htm

Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 AM
illriginalized
Rookie

Originally Posted by Moparkyle
^^ Your ignorance is mind boggling. No offense of course.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Honda-782...water-leak.htm
I've only owned Infinitis. Leaks into cabin~trunk not even once.

It's all good.. looks like I'm gonna have to use some rtv compound lol.. ugh.

Quick Reply: Water in trunk