Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 to Neon engine swap help

I'm curious too, good point out.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
blackflame
Captain

yeah, I have thought about that. If the motors were used that would be fine. As long as they didn't have a ton of miles on them. Atleast they would be broken in :-P

Old 03-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well they say that the motors are from "wrecked" cars and that they will not take any responsibility on the working order of the parts... or the engine or anything else they put in... as soon as you sign the contract they give you you are at their mercy, so if it breaks down 5miles down the road or 100,000 miles down the road, or anywhere in betweenthey dont take any responsibility for it breaking

Old 03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
blackflame
Captain

ehh...that could lead to a fully replaced engine as soon as you roll out. I wouldn't be surprised if they sealed a bad engine with tape just so you think its running fine before you leave. You never know...they could be just trying to make an easy 5500 bucks

Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i dont think they are quite that bad, but either way by law they are still liable for their work no matter what you sign, specially if you are injured or personal damage has occured as a result of their mistake.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:27 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Too far away plus I want to differ from theirs a little.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:40 AM
radiochild6

I have an '03 SXT and was thinking about doing and SRT-4 swap. I was wondering if the stock turbo on the SRT-4 would be more beneful than an aftermarket, and if boring out the 2.4 L engine would be a good idea, or better to just leave it stock?

Old 05-23-2008, 10:30 AM
NiteHawk

ORIGINAL: blackflame

ehh...that could lead to a fully replaced engine as soon as you roll out. I wouldn't be surprised if they sealed a bad engine with tape just so you think its running fine before you leave. You never know...they could be just trying to make an easy 5500 bucks
Ok, normally i wouldnt post, but now you've hurt my feelings...

Yes, I'm the one doing the swaps, so now this is a personal matter. I'm not trying to make an easy 5500 bucks, its anything BUT easy. I take care of everything for you from sourcing the motor, making sure its a good running motor, replacing any damaged parts prior to installation, full testing after its done, and i even pay for your hotel stay in town... DONT even THINK of saying that i'de ever do such a ghetto fix just to get a car out the door!

The motors i put in are mechanically sound, not damaged, and in good working order, but yeah, crap happens, i cant prevent some punk kid from going all boost happy and blowing up the motor... Now think about it from my side... Some punk kid blows his motor that I put in...comes back to me saying the motor was bad...nooooooooo, irresponsible driving popped the motor. Truth is, there's no way to predict how long a swap motor will last. If you take good care of it, it will take good care of you. If you beat the crap out of it, its going to reply in kind.

Now then, still want to say i'm just out to make quick cash? If you think my reply here is uncalled for or inappropriate, then I'm sorry, but I dont stand for uneducated personal attacks and you should know better than to assume absolute BS like that.

Goodbye

Old 05-23-2008, 10:51 AM
blackflame
Captain

Well fist...this post is really old. After making the post I have heard of engines breaking down and you fixing them...thats pretty sweet. Second, no, it wasn't a personal attack. It was a possibility I had posted about srt4store.com, not you. I don't know you so I would never say anything personal about you. Now, from what I was informed in this post is that if I get a swap from you and I make it 5 feet outside of your shop and my engine goes you don't have to do anything. I didn't know your company's reputation then because...well I just didn't. So it wasn't personal at all, from what I have heard about your contracts you should have known you had it coming, and I have heard great things about your work. If the post was an active post I would change what I said to something like this: It's a gamble. They make you sign a contract saying that they aren't responsible for anything after your car leaves the shop, even if you haven't engaged the clutch for the first time out on the road. However, I have heard of break downs shortly after and they have been fixed. I don't know if all of them have been fixed or not. But it's not guaranteed to be fix. No waranty whatsoever.

So yes, there is my repost with some more educaution. As much as you and your clients have given me. Nothing personal but I can't just recommend someone to your place without warning them about that. In saying that, I have talked about the srt4store before as an option to people.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 AM
NiteHawk

like i said, i test the car after it's done to make sure everything is good to go...only way i can assure there's no trouble codes. That right there should give anyone some reassurance that the car isnt going to die 5 minutes after they leave, heh

Quick Reply: SRT-4 to Neon engine swap help