2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

LIGHT TROUBLES

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM
aaguilarjr82
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIGHT TROUBLES

ok, im new so first off hello everyone...

this is my problem, my running lights dont work, (front, side, & rear) but the turn signals, and Haz. lights do... also my dash doesn light up any more only the mileage shows...

any ideas on what is causing this... I checked fuses... under hood, and side box all of them were good... whats else could it be...

Old 02-08-2007, 04:19 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: LIGHT TROUBLES

well if its def not the fuses ( you shold take out all of them one at a time and inspect each one) it might be the multifunction switch

Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM
aaguilarjr82

i pulled all of the out... so i know its not the fuses for sure....

where is the multifunction switch located?

also a buddy told me that is may have more fuses in the rear by tail lights... is this true... because i couldnt find orsee any...??

Old 02-08-2007, 04:50 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

no fuses by the taillight the multifunction switch is the thing you turn to put on your lights it might also be a short somewhere in your system but hope its not

Old 02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

No fuses by tails that I know of. The multi function switch is that right on the steering column. The stalk (thing that makes your blinkers blink) is part of it. What kind of work were you doing? Because it sounds as if you might have done something to cause this to happen. Post what you did so maybe someone can figure it out. I would doubt that your multifunction is gone cause your turn signals would not be working.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
aaguilarjr82

the only thing i have done to this car is put in a lil system... and i have done 100's so i know how to install... i even went back and removed everything i installed to see if it would correct it, but no luck...

i just put in the new head unit, i ussed wiring kits so i wouldnt cut into anything... taped it all up... tucked it anyway and that was it... the only thing weird was my GF said that when she was drivin it there was a hummin comin from the speakers, then it stopped, and she said everything was still workin...

it wasnt till the next morning that i noticed the light not working, so i removed it all, but the stock radio back in and still nothing.... thats all ... ?????

like i said check fuses, all good, disconnected battery to see if it would reset... but nothing....

Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

what do you mean you have done 100s?
make sure you didnt accidentally cut a wire or something under the steering wheel. ive almost sliced some stuff while doing work, so it is possible

Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
aaguilarjr82

i have installed a lot of stereos, so i know what im doin... i never cut any wires... i always use wiring kits... so i dont think the stereo has anything to do with what happened....

Quick Reply: LIGHT TROUBLES