Replacing muffler- Another ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Exubus
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacing muffler

ORIGINAL: chazlewood75

Does anyone make an exhaust kit that does NOT have dual exit pipes? I would like to keep the stock look while increasing performance.

Or would I just need to replace the stock muffler with a flowmaster leaving everything else intact?
Flowmaster makes a kit (buy it through summit I think) that replaces everything in the back, and it comes with a single polished tip that exits on the passenger-side of the car. But in my case I couldn't see paying over $230 for the kit so I payed $85 for the same 30-series Flowmaster and another $50 for pipe and installation and basically ended up with the same thing, except mine exits straight out on the driver's side.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 AM
chazlewood75
Rookie

ORIGINAL: ptschafer

Flowmaster makes a kit (buy it through summit I think) that replaces everything in the back, and it comes with a single polished tip that exits on the passenger-side of the car. But in my case I couldn't see paying over $230 for the kit so I payed $85 for the same 30-series Flowmaster and another $50 for pipe and installation and basically ended up with the same thing, except mine exits straight out on the driver's side.
Do you know a part number or have a link. I looked at Summit's site and did not find that sort of thing.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 AM
chazlewood75
Rookie

Found it. That is for up to 1999 Neon. 1st gens only. I have a 2ns Gen.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

In AZ but I have connections, no pics since I have no digital camera But the owner of the shop is right next door to my friend's stereo shop and they became good friends so I ended up with a hookup.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Exubus
Champion

Hmm sorry, I'm not sure who else would sell the Flowmaster kits... but like I said I just bought mine myself and paid to have it put together on the car from scratch (if you compared the two you'd see the same 30-series Flowmaster muffler with the same mandrel bends running all the way through in the same places, for about half the price of the kit).

Quick Reply: Replacing muffler- Another ?