sxt bumper on an srt?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:11 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sxt bumper on an srt?

im undecided on whether to go with 02 or 03 style but i want to swap out all my bumpercovers (and lights if giong with the 02)
my real question is, do i just need to buy the bumper cover or do i need to upgrade(downgrade) more besides just the bumper cover???

also, are there any issues with the i/c or washer fluid resivor clearance on any of the sxt style bumpers?

Thanks all, if this has been discussed before i apologize but the only things i could find were just general bumper swapping stuff, about headlights and needing a diff. resivor for the srt bumper. guess not many people go the opposite direction

OK, I have decided on this:
WTB: kansas city area
Looking to but an 03-05 dodge neon sxt bumper. sorry, im not trading my srt bumper, perfer PS2 silver in reasonably good condition.
i would also take an 02 but will need 00-02 lights, but i can find these elsewhere
thanks
pm or email thanks!!!

p.s. im NOT trading my SRT
bumper, so please dont ask.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: sxt bumper on an srt?

stay 03 style because 02 and under are ugly and dont give good ventalation. remember thats a big thing with turbos and i dont think you will have to worry about the washer fluid bottle because i think the srt is smaler than the sxt. why are you switching anyway sleeper look? and you just need the bumper covers

Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

im going more sleeper look. perhaps ill go with an 00-02 rear end and 03 front, make it look like an 03wanna-be. i would dump the dual exhuast for a single w/ 3" downpipe w/ cutout, but i love the sound of this exhaust. i guess im getting older and just want to blend in. and tired of the enginerevingrice-burners wanting to race at every turn and light. i just want the power w/o the attention now. and if i want to switch back it will be as simple as a few bolts and plugging the srt foglights back in.

and i bet that the sxt bumper will require me to purchase sxt foglights... wont it

Old 02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

They are the same as far as I know.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:21 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

from the turbos ive done i have noticed that the 03 takes a little les work to fit the intercooler

Old 02-10-2007, 11:27 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

same fogs but dont get an 02 rear bumper cuz you need new lights and they also look bad. i like the 03 bumper with the butt cheeks

Old 02-11-2007, 01:11 AM
blocks885
Veteran

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

im going more sleeper look. perhaps ill go with an 00-02 rear end and 03 front, make it look like an 03wanna-be. i would dump the dual exhuast for a single w/ 3" downpipe w/ cutout, but i love the sound of this exhaust. i guess im getting older and just want to blend in. and tired of the enginerevingrice-burners wanting to race at every turn and light. i just want the power w/o the attention now. and if i want to switch back it will be as simple as a few bolts and plugging the srt foglights back in.

and i bet that the sxt bumper will require me to purchase sxt foglights... wont it
I know this is off topic, but in your pic the SRT-4, what style are those rims? Those are the stock ones right?

Also--why would you change from SRT-4 front bumper to 03-05sxt or 00-02??? I think the SRT-4 looks great, and lots of ventilation why would you change? You say you want the power, make changes that would increase power... And maybe get some grille inserts for the SRT-4 front... Just a thought. It looks sweet, I'd leave it like that.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

yup, those are stock rims. and its like my wing. ill take it off, put it back on... guess i like to changeit up. so if i get tired of looking at the sxt bumper ill put the stock one back on. but i think it would be different for a while

Old 02-11-2007, 02:52 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

id say get the 03 bumper and cut out the cross stuff by where your intercooler would be

Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
jBoRiCuA
Professional

Damn! I wanted dibs on the bumpers/hood/side skirts..

Quick Reply: sxt bumper on an srt?