Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scion tc vs. neon

ORIGINAL: nicks2kes

ORIGINAL: rrimportracer

sorry if i came on so strong, but i hate people stating false info, unless you have an srt which none of you do, stock for stock, even mtx neon vs atx tc will end up with the tc winning.
this is very true, i call bs on the person that said their neon beat a turbo tc. the tc probably wasnt even trying. a stock tc vs. a stock neon the neon will get walked on. stock tc vs. stock neon r/t the neon will lose but wont be to bad. however i could probably beat a turbo'd tc and i could smoke a lightly moded tc, in reverse!
I agree with everything you said except the R/T part...I HAVE beaten an atx Scion TC (he had the factory performance exhaust and I was still stock at the time) and an mtx R/T vs. mtx TC should be a drivers race nothing more.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 PM
gabo

why is every1 estressin.... every car could be fast with a turbo and the diff would be the engine size, since the engine size and comp are similar between the cars, one cant be soo good from the other. just make the math. plus it is kinda ridiculous talking about a tc stock block could handle over 600whp.... wat is it made of ?? i bet is rice.
ching chong mothafukas!!
O i love my neon n i always had and stock with stock my atx 00 es neon could take a stock atx integra civic eclipse focus.....ect...!!!
BTW a t/c key looks better on my girl keychain.(and shes killing me for an srt4)

Old 03-08-2007, 08:45 PM
AirWolf

Who cares whos faster you never see a scion tc broke down like you always see any year neon . Tcs are better made than any neon . Id go for reilablity than a fast neon . About the auto is weaker than a 5 speed is just a lie . There alot of autos that are faster than 5speeds like the srt8 charger or magnum and grand national .

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM
gabo

well thats because u gotta have a good *** left foot to handle that kind of power buddy.... and automatic tranny come set up with a gear ratio and usually a reg car come with a pretty gay ratio.... trust me i had a v6 auto avenger andmy atx neon 2.0 would smokeit like nothing.....

Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

About the auto is weaker than a 5 speed is just a lie . There alot of autos that are faster than 5speeds like the srt8 charger or magnum and grand national .
Wow I've never heard you say that before ...

Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
gabo

and about the neons breaking down.... it all depends on the driver, and how u take care of the car. and tcs model came out much later then neon, so its hard to find worn out tcs

Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: gabo

and about the neons breaking down.... it all depends on the driver, and how u take care of the car. and tcs model came out much later then neon, so its hard to find worn out tcs
Imports are just better made than most domestics ! My sxt has never broken down and only had to use my warrenty for a bad speaker . I love my sxt but also considering getting a brand new tc and supercharging it .

Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I have an idea...lets compare an outdated 10+ year old engine and 7 year old platform to a brand new vehicle and then say that the old car is not going to be as reliable. Well that sounds like fun...oh wait...too bad Toyota quality and reliability is in the ****ter and no one will report on it...or lets discuss the fact that there are 20x more Neons on the road then TC's, therefore, there would be a higher number of "breakdowns"...

Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
AirWolf

Ok lets just say im sick of everyone thinkin a neon is the fastest ride ever there are fast tcs out there and there are fast autos also .

Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Of course there are fast TC's out there, just like there are fast 2.0 Neons out there...who here is disputing that fact?? Who here thinks the Neon is "the fastest ride ever"? I sure as hell dont, I know my car is slow compared to many, but we're comparing classes to classes here. Simple fact...the Neon is faster then all stock Civics (except Si) up to 2005 and the new ones are just as fast as a stock Neon. The fact is an R/T is just as fast as a Civic Si, and just as fast as a 2005 Scion TC, why cant we say simple facts?!? Any vehicle when modded has the potential to become fast...

As for the auto thing...again...yes, there are fast automatic transmission cars out there, most sub-11 second vehicles have auto transmissions with high stall converters...but, are we talking about sub-11 second cars? NO!!!! We're talking about 13-16 second Neons, TC's, Civics, etc...where the simple fact is a manual transmission is BETTER then an auomatic transmission.

Quick Reply: scion tc vs. neon