2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

very curious to know

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:05 PM
vigemini
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very curious to know

i have an 05 sxt neon and i want to upgrade do i get the hahn turbo kit or the srt4 and swap engines what would be better my neon is stock right now and for mods i cant find anything for it or are the mods compatible with 03-04 models

Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
gabo
Default RE: very curious to know

thats a retarted question......

Wat would u prefer??
To boost ur 2.0 sohc or get a boosted 2.4 dohc???

Old 03-09-2007, 01:33 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: gabo

Wat would u prefer??
if your going to make stupid comments like that get the **** off this forum and go to neons. org where you belong
its a good question.

ok if you put the hahn kit on your car, you can run from 7-8 lbs boost and never upgrade that, and your motor will last a while, but not that long. it isa reliable kit though, so it isnt that bad. it will cost around maybe 4500 for the whole thing.
if you swap in a srt motor, you can run 15lbs stock then upgrade all you want from there. the motor is built for turbos so it should last. it will cost around 4000-7000 depending on where you get the motor and if you can do it youself. also, you will need to swap out pcms,tranny and stuff. its all listed on one of the stickies, not sure which one, but just look around it cant be hard

hope that helped

Old 03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
gabo

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

ORIGINAL: gabo

Wat would u prefer??
if your going to make stupid comments like that get the **** off this forum and go to neons. org where you belong
its a good question.

ok if you put the hahn kit on your car, you can run from 7-8 lbs boost and never upgrade that, and your motor will last a while, but not that long. it isa reliable kit though, so it isnt that bad. it will cost around maybe 4500 for the whole thing.
if you swap in a srt motor, you can run 15lbs stock then upgrade all you want from there. the motor is built for turbos so it should last. it will cost around 4000-7000 depending on where you get the motor and if you can do it youself. also, you will need to swap out pcms,tranny and stuff. its all listed on one of the stickies, not sure which one, but just look around it cant be hard

hope that helped
U should clean up all the *** in ur mouth now...

Old 03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
AirWolf

Just beware of the engines and trannys your lookin at if doing a srt swap . been there done that meaning there are horrible srt engines out there most kids that own srt4s are very hard on them racing and all. If you get a hahn stage 2 setup its brand new well worth the money have one in my 1st gen for almost 2 yrs now and runs just as nice as a stock srt4 setup. Paid 3 grand for that setup.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
vigemini

yeah i was looking around i think i found something in the faq section with the parts that i need and lastly i have an automatic transmission so what further mods i would need to assist the mod

Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
vigemini

to airwolf yeah i heard about the chances of that and everything but you said a stage 2 would do fine

Old 03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
AirWolf

I stage2 hahn racecraft turbo kit is what I meant way cooler for an auto. Not as much work either a srt turbo setup takes for ever and who knows what your really getting and how long it will last.with a srt4 turbo . I love my stage2 hahn setup in my 1st gen .

Old 03-09-2007, 02:14 PM
vigemini

hey spikey mikey i have an automatic as well maybe i wasnt specific what can i do then and does the neon god have a list yet

Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Gabo just to let you know your not going to be respected at all around here with comments like that. Just take that attitude somewhere else.

Quick Reply: very curious to know