2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Why everyone bought Neons

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:42 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why everyone bought Neons

I thought I'd share my experience on why I bought my Neon. I was just curious to hear of others experiences on buying their cars.

When I was 16 years old (I'm going on 21 now), I went out with my dad looking for a car and we ran into a tint sale. I first saw an automatic Mazda Protoge with a few dints in it. I test drove it and I thought it was ok. Then I saw this clean black Neon which happened to have a manual trans. I test drove it and it was like night and day. It was way faster and cleaner. From then on, I was sold. When I got it, it had around 36 thousand Miles on it. I use to say, "it's just a Neon." I never was too crazy about them but I've grown to love my car. It's "just my Neon."
Now I have 86k miles on it.
+ I liked the Neon b/c it was a Dodge. My parents use to have a black 2000 Viper RT/10. We bought it brand new in Feb. 2000 and sold it some time around 2004. I miss that car. I didn't get into the modding until after we sold it. I guess I love the speed.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:19 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: Why everyone bought Neons

well. i will tell u why i bought my car, i got into the sportcompact sence, (if that is what u call it) when a friend of mine had a eclipse spyder, it was a very fast car, and from the first day i road in that car, i was hooked on going fast, well i never like the eclipse becasue i did not fit in it, i am 6 ft 6in tall, so i went to get a honda, HATED IT, and still love beating them in my neon, i would not fit in a honda....so my friend worked at a dodge garage, and he said go get in a new neon, i said ok, sounds good, so i went and got in it, and thought i really do not have that much room, then i pulled on the handle andseat went back another six inches. i love my neon for that reason, i am comfterble driving it, and it is fun to drive

even though my neon is a base 02, i still can run with the big boys with alot of mods i have done myself.....turbo of course being one of them

Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM
AirWolf

I bought my 96 in 98 and been modding it since and fell in love with the 2nd gen sxts and got her new in 04 my 1st brand new ride and now lookin for a nice 04-05 srt4 so I can have 3 neons modded . Best sport compact for the money and to mod .

Old 03-10-2007, 04:26 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I bought my R/T because I was tired of driving around a 1996 Ford Taurus...I was looking for something with descent fuel economy, and more importantly, a vehicle that I could mod, do work on myself, and had a 5-speed manual transmission. I was working on a budget, around $10,000 and it also had to be failry new as well for the bank to give me a loan...the finalists were two different R/T's (one silver 2003 and one solar yellow 2003) and a 2000 Civic Si...Th guy selling the Si wouldnt budge from his $12,000 asking price so it was between the two R/T's...I got a better deal on one so I bought the R/T that I currently drive. My only regrett is the damn NGC because this 6750 rev limiter really pisses me off (yeah I know Ms'n'S )...plus I LOVE the 2002 R/T front bumper way better...

Old 03-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

I bought mine due to budget contsraints. I needed to take out a loan, and the cheaper the better. I whent to the dodge dealership and I really liked the neon over anything else I was in. The Cobalt felt like something my grandparents would drive, and nothing else seemed as affordable. So, I picked up my neon a few days later with the charcoal interior and the flame red paint

P.S. The first mod when on 2 weeks later....

Old 03-10-2007, 05:07 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I wish I could have got an RT for around that price. I think mine was around 13 at the time.
Neons are good first cars. I've never got in an accident but one time. That was when a girl in an older Neon was tailgating and hit me from behind. I had to brake hard b/c of people in front of me and she didn't keep her distance so she pushed me into another car. Her car had to be towed away while I could still drive mine home. I was mad[:@]

Old 03-10-2007, 05:34 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I got mine because I didn't really have much of a choice. I didn't have much money and wasn't working at the time because I was in college so my parents had to help me with it. To be honest I hated it at first, but I do really like the car a lot now. I just wish it was the srt version, oh well. Now I bought the car from my parents who originally paid for it and its in my name now.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:52 PM
ek2588
Veteran

i got mine after i totaled my 94 accord on the first day of my jr. year. I was grounded for the rest of the year lol. after that my parents gave me a short period of time to find another car around 5k. The day my dad said i had blown my chance tofind another car and saidhe was gona buy me a kia spectra was the day i found the neon. It was sitting on a hill lowered with tint all around lol the sun glistening off the flame red paint 50k miles 5k obo... It was a miracle to say the least. but to pass inspection all the mods had to come off. But as u can see i got it back to a clean status

Old 03-10-2007, 05:38 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

I seen 2 Fast 2 Furious and wanted to have an Eclipse like in the movie but I got mine because for a three year old car at the time at 5200 it was a steal. I also got it because it was the only car I really fit in at the time I was 6ft 2in and now I'm 6ft 8in and still fit. Anymore though and I have to get custom mounted racing seats[&:]. The mods were done because I had a cassette player, 14in broken hubcaps and a blown speaker. Therest of thethings that I have done are the rest of my stereo and the decals.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie

I got my neon because it was a way of saying thanks for a bunch of favors i did for a friend. It had about 103,000 miles when i got it and has a bout 130,000 now. It was runnin great till i wrecked it haha. I love my car, it looks awesome, sounds great with an intake, gets good gas mileage, pleanty of room for me, im not 6'8" lol only 6 ft, but hondas still feel small. All in all i couldnt be happier with my neon, only thing i hate is that dodge stopped making them. Who the hell gave the go ahead on the caliber? no way is that car gonna be as popular as neons or the SRT-4s.

Quick Reply: Why everyone bought Neons