2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...

Looking for price compares... advice?... putting a dual exhaust on a 2004 SE...here's the way I figure...

1.Is this a good price? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true(e-bay auction # 200087840819 if link no work)...so a do it myself

2. Look for a junkyard and hope I can find a R/T that I can pull the back end of the exhaust off of...no idea what this would cost..

3. Just go to a muffler shop and ask them to put on an R/T rear muffler and tips...again, no idea what this would cost...

Old 03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Default RE: Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...

That isn't even for your year. I got lucky one my exhaust because I had my freinds keep their eyes open and the exhaust shop next door dida SRT-4 and I was able to get it for 80. Just keep a lookout for those exhausts and you might get lucky like me. Also what about the SRT-4 exhaust. If you are still looking for one in the summer I'll sell you mine when I get my kit.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie

hey magic, if hes not interested i sure am, how much would you let it go for?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:45 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

What 70-80. Like I said I'll have to get my kit first because I have this other exhaust that I bought about a year and a half ago and was saving up for the body kit to go with it but got in my wreck. I should have the money this summer for the kit and I'm selling the headlights too. If I get a digital camera I'll post pics. The headlights look chromed out and might be stock but they are new because of my accident. If anything I'll sell them both for a even 100 plus shipping.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie

I'll def buy them. One of my headlights is cracked due to the accident i got in so i need new ones anyways. and ive been wantin an exasut for a while. So if he doesnt want them, since you offerd it to him first ill get them whenever you want to sell them.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:53 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Pablodragon

Looking for price compares... advice?... putting a dual exhaust on a 2004 SE...here's the way I figure...

1.Is this a good price? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true(e-bay auction # 200087840819 if link no work)...so a do it myself

2. Look for a junkyard and hope I can find a R/T that I can pull the back end of the exhaust off of...no idea what this would cost..

3. Just go to a muffler shop and ask them to put on an R/T rear muffler and tips...again, no idea what this would cost...
DO NOT buy no-name dual exhaust systems off ebay...your just asking for trouble. If yu want a dual exhaust go with Vibrant or an R/T muffler. The R/T exhaust costs around $200.00 brand new, and you should be able to get a used one for te same price as an SRT-4 rear section (roughly $100).

Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Like I said if you want them this summer you got them, also what color is your car. Because I don't know if flamingpinhead still wants my back bumper or not. Its silver and has the area already cutout but if you have a saw you can do it yourself. I'm in Tucson, AZ.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie

my car is also silver, and its a 2000. Im pretty sure the bumpers didnt change much in 01-06 change. I live in southern cali, about an hour from yuma, so if shipping is gonna be alot maybe we can arrange it to where i can pick it up.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: djmagic

That isn't even for your year. I got lucky one my exhaust because I had my freinds keep their eyes open and the exhaust shop next door dida SRT-4 and I was able to get it for 80. Just keep a lookout for those exhausts and you might get lucky like me. ...
thanx for all the info... I really need to find a junkyard or junkyards with some wrecked neons or SRT4's...seems like a lot of people here have good luck salvaging parts from there..

also, on that auction, not that I would consider it now, but within the auction, if you clicked on the other picture, it clearly shows a 03-05 with the exhuast on it.... you can tell by the taillights

Old 03-10-2007, 06:28 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

They changed the rear bumper in the 2003-2005 models which means you cant use taillights from an 00-02 on an 03-05 bumper and vise versa.

Quick Reply: Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...