2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:37 PM
idiefast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-ons

Hey there, me again with another question. Well, if you haven't read my last post, I recently obtained a 2005 Neon SXT. It has about 40k miles on it because it was a rental car, however they gave me a good deal and it runs perfectly fine. Along with the car, I was relatively forced in to purchasing a warranty plan (which doesn't seem to cover anything) though you never know when it will come in handy. Because of the warranty, it seems that my only option would really be going bolt ons, nothing to permanent that won't really play around too much with the engine itself. The Neon's entirely stock right now with the single-cam 2.0L engine and I would like to try to get a little more power out of it. Nothing too big or drastic, mainly aiming for around the 150hp range, that way it has just a bit more kick to it (so I can pass traffic). What I'm looking for are some ideas, say a list or something of the sort, of some simple bolt-ons that are easy to install and would give me the kick that I'm looking for.
A last note, though, is that I live in California, and that I am on a budget so I'm not looking for anything immediate, just some cost-effective options that will give me a start.
Thank you

Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bolt-ons

You wont be able to reach 150hp with just bolt-ons...but we can get you started...

First of all, buy a cold air intake (CAI) from either K&N or AEM...you can also buy a cheaply made Ebay brand CAI but make sure you buy a better wqualiy filter like a K&N to go with it.

Other bolt-ons would be a short throw shifter (STS) and all the bushings to go with it. I would also suggest a 60mm TB, new spark plug wires for a better idle, and a lightweight crank shaft pulley (UDP) to reduce drag on the crank from your accessories (PS/AC). Also, read this thread, it has tons of information from places to buy parts, how to install, cost, time for install, and much more...

https://dodgeforum.com/m_665840/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Bolt-ons