2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they worth the money? I'll have headers and high flow cat sometime here and i already have the SCT tuner.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Up to you. HS 1.7s are up there with the SCT in terms of bang for the buck. And since you have an SCT and will have headers the effects will be magnified if you get a custom tune.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Are they worth the money? I'll have headers and high flow cat sometime here and i already have the SCT tuner.
I just put a set of HS 1.7's in mine along with a Cloyes double roller timing set advanced 4* a few days ago and can feel a definite difference. As far as worth it goes, that's kinda relative.
Personally, I'd say, go for it.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tcase Saver

Installed this puppy. Thanks to WR's thread here:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...241-np243.html

One of the helpful threads I stumbled upon: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ail-stock.html

This gasket b/t the output retainer and the case is in good condition, however, I can not find what the part number is or anything. I added a small bead of RTV to ensure sealing.

Name:  IMG_20130619_175749_133_zps4d34128b.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  883.8 KB

Question

With the output retainer off, this is what is seen. A plate screwed (look like 1/4" size) to something on the interior. Upon touching it, it had play in it. Anybody know what that plate is called and speak to the amount of movement. Just seemed odd. Nothing else was appearing to be out of the ordinary.

Name:  IMG_20130619_170907_362_zpsf8ba84b7.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.05 MB

Old 06-19-2013, 11:34 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Installed this puppy. Thanks to WR's thread here:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...241-np243.html

One of the helpful threads I stumbled upon: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ail-stock.html

This gasket b/t the output retainer and the case is in good condition, however, I can not find what the part number is or anything. I added a small bead of RTV to ensure sealing.

Part number is 04897958AA

Question

With the output retainer off, this is what is seen. A plate screwed (look like 1/4" size) to something on the interior. Upon touching it, it had play in it. Anybody know what that plate is called and speak to the amount of movement. Just seemed odd. Nothing else was appearing to be out of the ordinary.

Part number is 04338936

See in red for part numbers

Old 06-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Transfer Case Gasket and Transfer Case Oil Pump

I guess that makes sense it has some play. I see that the main shaft seal is just on the inboard side of it....grrrrr. Probably would have been good to pull and replace.

I'm not pulling this tcase completely out until it's time to upgrade. Just a PITA.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:25 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Transfer Case Gasket and Transfer Case Oil Pump

I guess that makes sense it has some play. I see that the main shaft seal is just on the inboard side of it....grrrrr. Probably would have been good to pull and replace.

I'm not pulling this tcase completely out until it's time to upgrade. Just a PITA.
Not happening unless you split the case halfs, R&R of the tcase is eazy pezzy.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 AM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

I was taking my Daughter and Girlfriend to do some clothes shopping. Well me being a guy, that didn't do much for me so, on my way there I saw a dump truck with (about) a 10 yard bucket on the back, broke down on the freeway off ramp. I dropped the lady's off and rushed back to try out my towing ability on a huge broken down object.

I pulled over the over pass and spotted my new found toy sitting and blocking all kinds of freeway traffic. I pulled in front and off to the right. When I got out, I saw a policeman talking to the truck driver. I figured screw it, I am going to do this. I walked up to the cop and asked if I could help by pulling this broke down truck off the freeway. They smiled and said, "do you really think you can do that?" I smiled and said, no problem. lol I was hoping it would not be a problem but, I had never done this before.lol Mind you, i just got this truck, no more than 3 weeks prior. I do not even have permanent license plates on it yet.lol

I found my nylon tow strap, hooked it to the front of the dump truck and tightened up the slack. The cop stopped traffic and allowed me to start the pull. The rear tires (Brand new) spun and the dump truck did not move. I quickly locked in 4X4 and put the transfer case in low 4. I believe he had his rig in gear but, my truck pulled with all of its strength. The more I pulled the faster we went. I had to put it in 2nd, she was moving just fine. Again, I could hear the truck engine compression fighting me around the corner, a block down the road and off to a safe turn out on the side of the road.

After we got to our parking place, I pulled the strap as he offered me money. I refused the money, told him it was more for the bragging rights.lol Proud of my little truck, I rolled up the nylon strap and headed on my way. Dodge beats Dump Truck. Triple rear axle and 10 yards bucket. TRUMP!

Old 06-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sold the fuel pump, rear axle, and leaf springs from the 2nd Gen.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by PrestonEidsmoe
I was taking my Daughter and Girlfriend to do some clothes shopping. Well me being a guy, that didn't do much for me so, on my way there I saw a dump truck with (about) a 10 yard bucket on the back, broke down on the freeway off ramp. I dropped the lady's off and rushed back to try out my towing ability on a huge broken down object.

I pulled over the over pass and spotted my new found toy sitting and blocking all kinds of freeway traffic. I pulled in front and off to the right. When I got out, I saw a policeman talking to the truck driver. I figured screw it, I am going to do this. I walked up to the cop and asked if I could help by pulling this broke down truck off the freeway. They smiled and said, "do you really think you can do that?" I smiled and said, no problem. lol I was hoping it would not be a problem but, I had never done this before.lol Mind you, i just got this truck, no more than 3 weeks prior. I do not even have permanent license plates on it yet.lol

I found my nylon tow strap, hooked it to the front of the dump truck and tightened up the slack. The cop stopped traffic and allowed me to start the pull. The rear tires (Brand new) spun and the dump truck did not move. I quickly locked in 4X4 and put the transfer case in low 4. I believe he had his rig in gear but, my truck pulled with all of its strength. The more I pulled the faster we went. I had to put it in 2nd, she was moving just fine. Again, I could hear the truck engine compression fighting me around the corner, a block down the road and off to a safe turn out on the side of the road.

After we got to our parking place, I pulled the strap as he offered me money. I refused the money, told him it was more for the bragging rights.lol Proud of my little truck, I rolled up the nylon strap and headed on my way. Dodge beats Dump Truck. Triple rear axle and 10 yards bucket. TRUMP!
That, my brother, is one of the better stories I have read on here in a long time.

Mad props for you!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?