2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 06:43 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
maybe I should move to Jersey, where the government thinks the general public are too stupid to pump their own gas?)

I actually live in this ****hole called NJ.. they were talking about self service a while back and in a state study at that time found that if they passed legal self service the price of gas ( was cheapest in nation due to low state tax) would go up for full serve and we would be paying what we are right now for self service..

so in essence it would put people out of work and put more money in the pockets of the station owners a lot of which are owned by the big oil companies here in NJ since we are a hub for fuel distribution.

all this may change if they get the added state tax they are pushing for

EDIT: I forgot to add, majority of stations here if you are a regular customer they will start the pump for you
and let you handle it anyway, unlike the old days where you could reset the pump and rip station off all of the
new ones require a swipe card or key code to activate fueling

Old 07-19-2016, 01:22 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
I actually live in this ****hole called NJ.. they were talking about self service a while back and in a state study at that time found that if they passed legal self service the price of gas ( was cheapest in nation due to low state tax) would go up for full serve and we would be paying what we are right now for self service..

so in essence it would put people out of work and put more money in the pockets of the station owners a lot of which are owned by the big oil companies here in NJ since we are a hub for fuel distribution.

all this may change if they get the added state tax they are pushing for

EDIT: I forgot to add, majority of stations here if you are a regular customer they will start the pump for you
and let you handle it anyway, unlike the old days where you could reset the pump and rip station off all of the
new ones require a swipe card or key code to activate fueling
So sorry!

Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Tires and shocks done....
The ride definitely feels better, and the steering a little more responsive.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:39 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by stewie01
So sorry!

trust me im sorry I live here too.. unfortunately with 30 years of inviting businesses to move to VA ( many relocated from NJ in the 80s ) you guys are on a downward spiral also.. especially with 5 northern VA counties around DC determining your last governors race..

my brother and his family live in Mechanicsville and he said the writing is on the wall for VA and AZ retirement is looking better and better to him and his wife

Old 07-20-2016, 10:15 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

trust me im sorry I live here too.. unfortunately with 30 years of inviting businesses to move to VA ( many relocated from NJ in the 80s ) you guys are on a downward spiral also.. especially with 5 northern VA counties around DC determining your last governors race..

my brother and his family live in Mechanicsville and he said the writing is on the wall for VA and AZ retirement is looking better and better to him and his wife
VA is fine.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:32 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Northern Virginia determines everything in this state. It's where all the population is.

We're pretty happy in Fredericksburg.

Old 07-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Northern Virginia determines everything in this state. It's where all the population is.

We're pretty happy in Fredericksburg.
What don't you SEE? The whole world is collapsing In on our heads. Are you BLIND!!!! Wake up and stop drinking the kool aid!!!

Or something like that..... ha

Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 PM
rollinlow
Professional

today wired up the door lock and power windows from a 98 truck everything works perfect, smoked the cab lights and fogs, got the new grill in the mail figured out how long the new shift rod needs to be, soldered and heat shrunk all my connections.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Filled her up at $1.83 per and had the third tank in a row of greater than 12mpgs. Truck takes me to work every day but doesn't do much else so it's pretty consistent 9 mile one way city travel. Back in the winter I drove a while with a failed thermostat stuck open (180 Failsafe) I didn't crack 10 mpg a couple tanks on the same route. I went back to a 195 t-stat since it was still cold and I wanted the help with heating. Don't need that help lately but other than the needle showing it was a little cooler I never really noticed any difference between 180 and 195 other than maybe a few tenths in the MPGs. Not a good comparison though since that could be just me getting used to the aero turbine enough to stop punching it as often.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:06 AM
schmidtp
Veteran

Replaced the front drivers side u joint. Would have been done in less than 2 hours but the parts store had the wrong joint in their computers so they had to match the old one to what they had in stock. Also used a ball joint press to get the old one out and it worked great. No more clicking while driving anymore.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?