2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To end this:
Name:  435525597_wNo3D-O.gif
Views: 192
Size:  986.5 KB

Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
To end this:
Name:  2mg3xqg.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  11.6 KB

Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 AM
wermbang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to post last friday added new to me HU (Pioneer DEH-P650), 6x9s (Cerwin Vegas 3-ways), and 5 1/4s (Alpines) and new wires for them. Plus a 4 channel amp(Kenwood). Then on sunday added a sub(Boss) and amp(Boss). Yes they are low end but they work for me

Way better sound now

Name:  100_0067.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  173.2 KB
Name:  100_0066.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  129.1 KB
Name:  100_0064.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  118.2 KB

Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Baddnet
Professional

Originally Posted by big.red.ram
Baddnet...is the picture quality just not that good in ur sig pic or is ur that dark of a red? i really like that color
Pic sucks.. but yes she is a lil darker then most Big Red Trucks.. I forget the name of red color we used.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

made a longer s bolt and put on my poor man today.
i couldn't really tell a difference because the sensors haven't learned the new amount of air coming into the engine yet.
the battery has been unhooked for a while now (after kicking on the lights and holding the key to start for 30 sec). it was idling around 1k for the short trip i took and did until i shut it off.

i also found out my belly pan has a little pond of oil on top of it. the hughes plate and gaskets are on their way. funny thing about that is that i have no spark knock, hmm...

Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I finally fixed my door of rust!!! Ive done quite a bit of autobody work, but this is awsome, and i have paint from the dealer so it ws the exact color. lots of fiberglass resin and body filler, and lots and lots of sanding. Fixed up the rocker too. Im not quite done it but it looks pretty damn good. From far away you cant tell there was any problem.

I also fixed the blemish on my drivers door as you can see in my pic. It really looks like i have a new door. With dealership paint and clearcoat, you cant go wrong. Im so friggen happy that my truck doesnt look like $h!t anymore!

Old 11-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
I finally fixed my door of rust!!! Ive done quite a bit of autobody work, but this is awsome, and i have paint from the dealer so it ws the exact color. lots of fiberglass resin and body filler, and lots and lots of sanding. Fixed up the rocker too. Im not quite done it but it looks pretty damn good. From far away you cant tell there was any problem.

I also fixed the blemish on my drivers door as you can see in my pic. It really looks like i have a new door. With dealership paint and clearcoat, you cant go wrong. Im so friggen happy that my truck doesnt look like $h!t anymore!
lol....I just ground out all the bondo out of my front lower rockers and lower doors since they were full of moisture somehow from the inside and bubbled up the bondo and paint..you should seal it up from the inside as best as you can fast! my truck was just painted 4 months ago)...I replaced it with meduim legth fiberglass and then epoxy....sanded and primed and painted with herculiner.....still Got one side to hurculine but rainy weather forced me to do something else....so I put the bottle of stop leak in to address the new slow leak of antfreeze between my engine and tranny.(softplugs)....I got to say this truck never lets my down by not needing attention somehow....just dumped over $800 bucks into the rear axle yeasterday you'd think shed give me a break with all this pissing and whining (literally!)

Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 AM
moparama
Veteran

Did some finishing touches. Put in my remote starter, put in 4 missing cab bolts from old nerf bars, replaced parking light bulb, and realized shes been hit before in the front end and now discourage and realized im done putting money into her for that reason. Drive it till she dies!!! Had some good dreams for her but the bitch is tweaked.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by moparama
Did some finishing touches. Put in my remote starter, put in 4 missing cab bolts from old nerf bars, replaced parking light bulb, and realized shes been hit before in the front end and now discourage and realized im done putting money into her for that reason. Drive it till she dies!!! Had some good dreams for her but the bitch is tweaked.

whats wrong with it? pics?

and im gunna get some pics of my bondo job. i know its going to come through but i just wanted it to look gook through the winter. Im buying new door shells in the spring, nd have the rockers re-done professionally, then rhinolined

Old 11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Twisted Metal
Captain

UPS just delivered my new ChassisTech 2" rear drop shackles. So as long as weather holds out, tomarrow will be spent under the rear of the truck. I also have new Energy Suspension rear spring bushings,(got them the same time as I got the sway bar kit) that will be going on as well. Hopefully the bushings take care of the annoying squeak I have been noticing.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?