DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-146/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/118533-what-did-you-do-to-your-2nd-gen-ram-today.html)

Jimythefan 11-26-2011 05:15 PM

I really want to keep this truck for a while, so to head off the New England salt season I spent a few hours today spraying the whole underside with 'fluid film'. Every nook and cranny I could slide the nozzle in, got loaded with it. The stuff will be running out of it for days.

redneck_ram 11-26-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jimythefan (Post 2652963)
I really want to keep this truck for a while, so to head off the New England salt season I spent a few hours today spraying the whole underside with 'fluid film'. Every nook and cranny I could slide the nozzle in, got loaded with it. The stuff will be running out of it for days.

Where did you get the fluid film?? Ive heard great things about it but havent seen it anywhere....

Jimythefan 11-26-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by redneck_ram (Post 2652967)
Where did you get the fluid film?? Ive heard great things about it but havent seen it anywhere....

I used the dealer finder at their site and went to Chappell Tractor here in Milford. $85 for a case of the spray bombs. Used 6 1/2 cans so far. I want to hit a little more of the engine compartment tomorrow.

The toyota guys swear by it.

lastrights 11-26-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by redneck_ram (Post 2652881)
told her she was getting a new plow..... brand new fisher 8' hd with the all new multiplex wiring. 4075.00 cant wait til february! fisher dealer down the road a piece told me for just the plow was 3800. called another guy and plow with all truck side wiring was 4075. my currently plow is holy. and not the godly kind either.

do you have gears and lsd ?

tcowell 11-27-2011 07:58 AM

Put drivers window back on track. Toped of oil. Put some lucas in the tranny and Took it mudding. Now power washing for days.

stewie01 11-27-2011 08:51 AM

Nothing to her today yet, waxed my rims yesterday too. Nice and SHINY!!!

zman17 11-27-2011 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jimythefan (Post 2652988)
I used the dealer finder at their site and went to Chappell Tractor here in Milford. $85 for a case of the spray bombs. Used 6 1/2 cans so far. I want to hit a little more of the engine compartment tomorrow.

The toyota guys swear by it.

Remove the door panels, and use a vacuum and compressed air to clean out all the crap inside. Then spray the whole inside with that stuff. Do it once a year and your doors won't rot from the inside out.

On a side note, since you are in Milford. Anytime you want or need help with some thing, take a ride to Raymond. ;)

Jimythefan 11-27-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by zman17 (Post 2653381)
Remove the door panels, and use a vacuum and compressed air to clean out all the crap inside. Then spray the whole inside with that stuff. Do it once a year and your doors won't rot from the inside out.

On a side note, since you are in Milford. Anytime you want or need help with some thing, take a ride to Raymond. ;)

Thanks for the offer, I may just do that. :)

I pulled all the door panels, the flares, and rear inner wheel well liners when I did it. I may have gone a little overboard on some spots, but I wanted to be sure of the coverage. I think I may spray along the top and sides of the stainless panels too.

Ram_EK 11-27-2011 01:49 PM

Anyone heard of a diff lock that would fit the stock Chy 205mm HD front diff of my 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4?
It's sooooo hard to find, that I think it would be easier to change the whole front axle :)
But then again, what axle to use that would perfectly fit :(((

Gary-L 11-27-2011 02:08 PM

I haven't touched the Ram since August, when I pulled the heads. I've been putting time in on my $500 beater -- a 1996 Crown Victoria that I picked up from a neighbor. It has 236K on it and the A/C is ICE COLD. I've been flushing the cooling system on it, fixing an oil leak and other various housekeeping issues. I should be driving it later this week so I can get new tires on it. After that, I'm dumping my Mazda.