2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i don't know about the laws where you live but here you could pretty much drive a bicycle down the center of the road and it is legal. you are suppose to travel about 1 meter from the curb or parked cars. one day one of those people you do that to will make you regret doing that to them.
least I ain't like my old man who will damn near clip them with his mirror in his 1 ton dually...

If they stay on their side of the fog line I leave them alone and give them plenty of room, but when they ride down the center when there is a 3foot PAVED shoulder in a 45-50 zone holding up traffic, they have it coming. They have no respect for traffic laws, they ride in the center of the road till its a redlight then they jump on the side walk to run the red light, they cut off cars and ride between them when traffic is stopped, so sorry I have no respect for someone who rides like that. If they follow traffic laws and don't ride like an a-hole, I'm perfectly fine with them and leave them alone and give them their space. Its a respect thing...be respectful, you get the same back. Be an a-hole, I'll do the same...

Old 06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ He's not kidding. They are real dicks in western WA. Jig you are not out of line at all by sooting them out like that

Old 06-11-2012, 07:53 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by stewie01
^^ Somebody in a diesel needs to get in front and smoke her out.... Her reaction would be EPIC!
I would have lit my tires up right in front of her with a big grin on my face while doing it.

As a bicyclist, motorists worry me constantly.
I ride as far over as I can, to avoid the curb and crap in the road, yet drivers pass too closely. I remember once several years ago, I was almost run over by some d1ckhead in a white Toyota 4Runner. Unacceptable.
I am constantly looking behind me. At a 4-way, I started across as I had the right-away, and some dumbass goes and ahead and proceeds across, unacceptable and breaking traffic law.
So, just so you guys know, not all of us are a$$holes that like to hog the road, it's mostly the folks that think they're doing the world a hand by riding a bicycle and because of which, think they are better than motorists.

So, in short, if you don't want to continue the stereotype that all motorists are a$$holes to bicyclists, be courteous even when they are not.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Jigabop
Champion

OMG this truck gives me a boner!

Name:  photo-6.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  61.9 KB
Name:  photo-7.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  65.4 KB

This trucks owner is the guy who built my twin turbo plumbing kit.

His truck is a 98.5 ram 2500, 24v cummins with p7100 conversion, big injectors, compound twin turbos, AND SUPERCHARGED! he says the supercharger is making 1psi boost at idle, and the supercharger gets him out of the hole with zero turbo lag, then when the twins start spooling up beyond the superchargers boost, the intake bypasses the supercharger and feeds off the twins which produce 80psi of boost!

I sooo want that supercharger setup on my truck.....

BTW: hood scoop IS functional while its running on the supercharger! it switches to that airfilter on the primary turbo when it bypasses the supercharger at higher boost levels.

his old setup prior to this one was a whipple charger S480 compound setup. he has also had 3 different triple turbo setups on this truck. guy is always coming up with new ideas... his name is Carl AKA crazy carl of http://www.crazycarlsturbos.com/ He posts as TURBOLVR on cumminsforum, and compd, and a few other diesel forums. Guy designs, builds, and sells kits like this new creation of his..bastard makes me want to spend more money!!!

Last edited by Jigabop; 06-11-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

^I wanna see some dyno numbers and drive by's of that beast.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Jigabop
Champion

his dyno numbers are likely around 600-650hp range. He could easily build 1000hp+ but he wants to keep the truck reliable and streetable. its his truck he uses to tow his horse trailer, and lets his wife drive it. one of the very very few 600+hp trucks that actually has street manners because of being supercharged. supercharger keeps it from dumping smoke or having severe turbo lag making it very quick on throttle response. and having a p7100 pump on there it can easily make over 1000hp on fuel only. the factory SOVP44 pump (which originally came on his truck and mine alike) can only fuel to 650hp. mine still has the vp44. I could convert mine, but I like having electronic power adjust-ability on the fly with the touch of a button. p7100 is all mechanical. you adjust pump power by turning timing screws, fuel screws, and fuel plates.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with the lift pumps on the Cummins? What is their function and why do the newer ones fail so often it seems?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with the lift pumps on the Cummins? What is their function and why do the newer ones fail so often it seems?
lift pump = pump that pumps fuel from the fuel tank to the injection pump.

injection pump = pump that takes fuel, increases pressure to several thousand PSI and blasts it directly into the cylinder via the injector at high pressure.

diesel works a lot different than gas, and similar in some ways.

basically, your piston goes down, valve opens and lets air and ONLY air in. valve closes, piston comes up and compresses the air at a 15-17:1 compression ratio. injection pump plunger forces highly pressurized fuel through the line and the injector pops off blasting fuel into the already pressurized cylinder which causes an instant explosion in the cylinder forcing the piston down, then piston comes back up while exhaust valve is open forcing hot gasses out and into the turbine side of the turbo causing the turbo to spool generating boost pressure for the intake side.

so now that you know all of that: the injection pumps need fuel supply to keep up with them. they are not designed to suck fuel to them, fuel needs to be forced into them by the lift pump. when the lift pump fails, or fuel demand exceeds fuel supply, it causes the injection pump to starve for fuel and run dry. fuel is the oil and coolant for an injection pump, and compressing fuel causes a lot of heat and friction. when fuel cant keep up, its like running an engine with no coolant and no oil. so it burns up the injection pump which costs $1,000+ to replace. VP44's are the most sensitive injection pumps to fuel starvation.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:27 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Jigabop
lift pump = pump that pumps fuel from the fuel tank to the injection pump.

injection pump = pump that takes fuel, increases pressure to several thousand PSI and blasts it directly into the cylinder via the injector at high pressure.

diesel works a lot different than gas, and similar in some ways.

basically, your piston goes down, valve opens and lets air and ONLY air in. valve closes, piston comes up and compresses the air at a 15-17:1 compression ratio. injection pump plunger forces highly pressurized fuel through the line and the injector pops off blasting fuel into the already pressurized cylinder which causes an instant explosion in the cylinder forcing the piston down, then piston comes back up while exhaust valve is open forcing hot gasses out and into the turbine side of the turbo causing the turbo to spool generating boost pressure for the intake side.

so now that you know all of that: the injection pumps need fuel supply to keep up with them. they are not designed to suck fuel to them, fuel needs to be forced into them by the lift pump. when the lift pump fails, or fuel demand exceeds fuel supply, it causes the injection pump to starve for fuel and run dry. fuel is the oil and coolant for an injection pump, and compressing fuel causes a lot of heat and friction. when fuel cant keep up, its like running an engine with no coolant and no oil. so it burns up the injection pump which costs $1,000+ to replace. VP44's are the most sensitive injection pumps to fuel starvation.
So with the 98.5 Cummins, when the lift pump goes, the VP44 goes too?
I've heard the 97 and older Cummins trucks have better injection pumps, is that right? Or is it the lift pump?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:34 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
OMG this truck gives me a boner!
how do you feel about mud?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread