2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:12 AM
yakkier
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A buddy of mine plows during the winter, and he makes enough money that he doesnt work full time all year long and still makes all his bills and has play money left over.

typical commercial parking lot he charges around $350 bucks, normal residential driveway is about 100 bucks a drop. and he gets the money in his pocket from home owners and home owner's association's. i went with him one night and we did 4 parking lot's and these were freaking HUGE, one was a walmart and i know one was our mall parking lott which took 4 hours to do, and the other 2 were some lil mom and pop stores.

but it pays damn good, he goes through trannys like a mother****er though, he's put 3 trannys in his 3500 in the last 2 years. Not to mention fuel for the bobcat's and his truck etc etc, he's got a long *** trailer that he will load 2 bobcat's on and like 2 or 3 snow blowers and tools fuel etc etc and the 3500 doesnt even bog down i love that truck!!

Originally Posted by 95MaroonMonster
have you actually ever plowed snow before....and I mean more than a driveway.

My dad used to plow for my uncle, at 50 bucks an hour the pay was good, but the being up all night plowing the Ameritech lot (phone company, it's AT&T now though) it just wasn't worth it, we couldn't plow during the day, except on sunday when we'd clean the lot for monday, and depending on weather conditions, we'd be back monday night at 11 pm and get home at about 6 or so AM

that lot was big, real big, with 3 to 5 trucks plowing, it would take all night, plowing out the inventory lot was the worst, my dad's old bomb has more than a few scars from it (barley more than a truck width between the spools, just ask his rear fenders)

in summary, plowing snow is not what it's cracked up to be, i will NEVER have a plow on my trucks

Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
wake
Captain

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
pics or it didnt happen
trust me dak..i dont lie about the epicness of a vehicle..

and this truck got sold in 99 for my dads 99 s10 he has now
if i had pictures they would be posted without a doubt

now eventually the new s10 which is a RCSB is gonna have the 2.2L 4cyl 5 speed pulled along with the rear end and im going to put in a

series 2 L67 (3800) with
stx1 cam
gen V blower and intercooler with either a 3.0-3.3 pulley
slp headers
no cat, 3 inch down pipe
custom electric fans
and a tune on a pcm from a 99-03 grand prix GTP
transmission:
fully modded gm 5 speed(cant remember the part number)
but it will mount right up to the 3800 block

est hp/tq should be in the mid 300's on 91+ octane

and for those of you didnt know ive been elbows deep in general motors cars for about 6-7 years..mainly anything with a 3.1 or 3.8

i cant wait..that lil 3K pound truck aint gonna know what hit it

Old 02-15-2010, 09:13 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

a guy i work with plows with his 05 Ram 5.7 Hemi 2500. on the last storm we got, we got 6 inches total...which is not what was forcasted...but he made $3200 that one day/night from plowing...but he also has a few commercial lots that he plows...but still thats alot of f'n money for less than 24 hours

Old 02-15-2010, 10:14 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wake
trust me dak..i dont lie about the epicness of a vehicle..

and this truck got sold in 99 for my dads 99 s10 he has now
if i had pictures they would be posted without a doubt

now eventually the new s10 which is a RCSB is gonna have the 2.2L 4cyl 5 speed pulled along with the rear end and im going to put in a

series 2 L67 (3800) with
stx1 cam
gen V blower and intercooler with either a 3.0-3.3 pulley
slp headers
no cat, 3 inch down pipe
custom electric fans
and a tune on a pcm from a 99-03 grand prix GTP
transmission:
fully modded gm 5 speed(cant remember the part number)
but it will mount right up to the 3800 block

est hp/tq should be in the mid 300's on 91+ octane

and for those of you didnt know ive been elbows deep in general motors cars for about 6-7 years..mainly anything with a 3.1 or 3.8

i cant wait..that lil 3K pound truck aint gonna know what hit it

I wanna swap a LS1 in my dad's S-10 work truck (Called the POS-10). The little 2.2 just aint gonna cut it for us. Then we can rest the POS-10 name and give it LS-10.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 AM
yakkier
Banned

It's insane the money these guys make, thats why they cant stay at home during snow storms more than an hour at a time, they get antsy cause every snowflake is a $$ sign to them.

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
a guy i work with plows with his 05 Ram 5.7 Hemi 2500. on the last storm we got, we got 6 inches total...which is not what was forcasted...but he made $3200 that one day/night from plowing...but he also has a few commercial lots that he plows...but still thats alot of f'n money for less than 24 hours

Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
wake
Captain

Originally Posted by PurplDodge

I wanna swap a LS1 in my dad's S-10 work truck (Called the POS-10). The little 2.2 just aint gonna cut it for us. Then we can rest the POS-10 name and give it LS-10.
this is..with the motor and mods im making it will be cheaper than the build cost of a Ls1 not to mention ill be keeping up with you..provided i get good traction AND ill be getting 18-28 miles per gallon depending on throttle position

dont get me wrong id love to do a Ls1 swap but a L67 is IMO a better swap cause it fits easier, and you can keep the gas mileage of a 2.2 but make a hell alot of power..not to mention i know the L67 like the back of my hand

i will agree the 2.2 isnt cutting it..how much you getting for MPG..all original other than plugs and wires and a few other odds and ends im sitting at about 23-25 MPG..

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

this is..with the motor and mods im making it will be cheaper than the build cost of a Ls1 not to mention ill be keeping up with you..provided i get good traction AND ill be getting 18-28 miles per gallon depending on throttle position

dont get me wrong id love to do a Ls1 swap but a L67 is IMO a better swap cause it fits easier, and you can keep the gas mileage of a 2.2 but make a hell alot of power..not to mention i know the L67 like the back of my hand

i will agree the 2.2 isnt cutting it..how much you getting for MPG..all original other than plugs and wires and a few other odds and ends im sitting at about 23-25 MPG..
Yeah, the 2.2 isnt exactly a powerhouse. I can pop wheelies in the som bitch, though! We've got an AEM Dryflow air intake, and MSD 8.5 Superconductors. Also got Factory AC Delco platinum spark plugs (runs best on these) and the 4.3L V6 oil filter. Used to have a 56mm throttle body from a Quad 4 Pontiac, but took it off a month ago. Get 22-25 MPG depending on which convienience store I just came out of...

Old 02-15-2010, 10:00 PM
wake
Captain

LOL..

and for just for clarification this is the motor i was refering to..just with more mods

and heres the outside of the car, that motor sits in just in case anyone was curious

Old 02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

LOL..

and for just for clarification this is the motor i was refering to..just with more mods

and heres the outside of the car, that motor sits in just in case anyone was curious
Nice! I've always liked those Pontiacs.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 PM
wake
Captain

that thing walks away from his Z06 and his wives 01 mustang svt cobra

its fast as ****..i think he ran the quarter mile in 12.1 IIRC..which considering is a v6 FWD 4000 pound sedan..thats not bad at all...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread