2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Meanest Looking 2nd Gen Truck of All Time!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Nando Vazquez
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hammer Down
I can appreciate some lowered second gens, but this one is a little obnoxious to me. If I had a 2wd, I would probably drop it a little and put deep aluminum drag style rims on it, and go for the racing look, but I can't stand that "yo homie" nonsense.
Very true, but this truck is not locked to this level, the trucks level can be adjusted to variable heights. I understand that it is a bit too low.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't like it when people, lifting or lowering, overdo it at every corner:

Lowering:
1. Lowering is fine, but keep at least 4 inches of tire visible. Too much rim is trashy. Reminds me of the caprices and crown victorias people drive around it. They need to lift the cars to fit their 24 inch rims.
2. Don't overdo the color scheme and paint everything to match the body. Also, altezza lights do not go on trucks.
3. Don't overdo the chrome: seems like everyone goes to autozone and gets everything you can glue to a car that is made of chrome. Chrome winshield wipers make me want to burn a car.
4. ALSO, I see all these chevy's rolling around with SMALL and WIDE rims and tires. Then they have a spacer to ensure that 6 inches of the tire is outside the bodyline. I hate that more than the OP pic.

Lifting:
1. when a truck is lifted, you need to match the lift with tires. 8 inch lift and stock tires is trashy.
2. Putting too much tire on an unlifted truck. Speaks of "I can't affoard doing it right." Save your money and do it right.
3. Big lift, with BIG RIMS. yeah, you aren't going offroading any time soon.

This goes for both: Chrome polished rims and a crappy paint job. Shiny rims will not make those rust holes go away.

That is why black rims are good. They go with rust as the truck ages.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
mr freeze
Veteran

Originally Posted by lastrights
i likw this ram

So let me get this straight.We should all have this kind of truck otherwise we are "homies"? Ok.So what does that make people who drive trucks with lift kits and big tires?? Alot of us dont have to drive through rivers or cross the Grand Canyon to get to work.I pull my 23 ft pilot house with my truck just fine with out big tires or high enough to see in side of squirrel nests'. I still say we need a seperate section for 2wds and 4wds.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

I think we all share the same thought......that too much of either lowering or lifting is a bad thing.....some like trucks 30 inches in the air and some like them touching the ground but you will find more people like simple trucks with mods to make life easier and show a bit of there style,

My truck gets compliments from some people but others turn their nose, does it bother me....no, why is that because I did what I thought looked good and what I liked, yes there is some things I wish I could have done or that I hadnt done but its life.

I was originally looking at dropping my truck so it handled better but ended up noticing I would have to stop taking my truck to bonfires and doing 40+ on dirtroads and be limited to were I parked my truck at work, so it got a small lift and bigger tires, its more practical for me and I dont have to worry about following friends places, and guess what it looks sweet to me

Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 PM
kj4cwa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone say to each his own? I disagree with just about all of you. Didn't anyone ever tell you guys that you have to build the ride you want. Lowered trucks are just as cool as lifted ones. Tell the truth, if most of the guys here could get their trucks lifted like the want their mudding days would be over because fabtech and moto metal cost a lot to replace. As does Dana and Eaton/Detroit. That truck in the OP makes just as much sense to me as anything else I see on this forum. It's all about what the owner wants. How much towing can you really do with a 4wd lifted 10in anyway? Flame on....

Old 06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kj4cwa
Can anyone say to each his own?
I can, and did. Is there a prize involved?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
I think we all share the same thought......that too much of either lowering or lifting is a bad thing.....some like trucks 30 inches in the air and some like them touching the ground but you will find more people like simple trucks with mods to make life easier and show a bit of there style,

My truck gets compliments from some people but others turn their nose, does it bother me....no, why is that because I did what I thought looked good and what I liked, yes there is some things I wish I could have done or that I hadnt done but its life.

I was originally looking at dropping my truck so it handled better but ended up noticing I would have to stop taking my truck to bonfires and doing 40+ on dirtroads and be limited to were I parked my truck at work, so it got a small lift and bigger tires, its more practical for me and I dont have to worry about following friends places, and guess what it looks sweet to me
Agreed, well put.

And to Nando, he has a few vids of that truck on youtube, and I believe in one of the discussion posts he stated that was just primer, and that he was planning on painting it, I forget which color, and I also believe the ground effects on the side are from a Chevy he made to custom fit.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, but I for one have the ***** to step up and say that I like lowered trucks. They have their place in this world..

That's going down the strip at 150+ MPH and requiring the use of a chute to slow them down.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Nando Vazquez
Veteran

Very nice respones, I posted this thread cause I liked the truck and wanted feedback on it. Aside from everything Im still all for lowered trucks, but I dont mind raised trucks either. Overall Rams straight up kick @$$.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:50 PM
nopower318
Veteran

Quick Reply: Meanest Looking 2nd Gen Truck of All Time!