2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got rear ended today

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Now he needs to pain the silhouette of a kia on the side of his truck?
Nah, on the back bumper. That way it serves as a warning to those who are paying attention, and food for thought for those who get to wait for the fire department to cut them out.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Another Mopeville ricer bites the dust. First confirmed kill?
Originally Posted by HeyYou
Now he needs to pain the silhouette of a kia on the side of his truck?
Yes it is my first confirm kill and actually my friend and I already had an idea of getting a decal made inspired by this accident. Well he thought about it at the scene while we were dealing with the claims but didn't say anything until I thought about it about an hour and a half later but we have a friend that can make decals and we both thought about having him make one that says "Kia Killer". Random thought, don't know if I'll really get it, lol.

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
If your going to get rear ended, always good to be in a Ram
Glad no one was hurt!
I think it improved the KIA's looks lol
Yea one of my first comments to my friend when things settled down was that I'm glad I drive a truck, lol.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:04 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think the kia sillohette with a line through it below the drivers window would be priceless.

Always keep my wt distribution hitch in the reciever of my 2500. Any small car rear ends me & they will get their 4cylinder mtr cracked in 1/2 & a free tow till I floor it lmao

Old 07-05-2010, 12:05 AM
ghost4321
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it when the other guy has the crumble zones.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:13 AM
rumble_truck
Veteran

I think im stealing the silhouette idea, gonna have to cut out a dodge nitro vinyl out...

Old 07-05-2010, 03:44 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thinking some more on it, I think it'd be wicked to have the silhouettes etched into the rear window. I might just do that if/when my truck gets rear-ended.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Bubba39047
Captain

how bout "Ram, no1 ricer killer in america" btw the drive side, the bumper is supposed to be like 5/8 from the bed. just sayin. lol. glad everyone was ok. did the air bags go off in the kia?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eric99ram
Yep, was coming up to a stop sign and something told me to give the car in front of me some extra space so I did and then about 2-3 seconds before getting hit, something told me to look up so I did. I don't remember saying anything really right before I got hit but my friend said I said "Oh ****" then we heard the tires squeal, felt a little bump, and heard all the crumbling of metal. I am seriously not afraid of getting rear ended by cars anymore because it felt like a little kid pushed me from behind. The damage to the truck was just some paint from their hood rubbing on the tailgate and the bumper was pushed down a little, gained 2 more dents and some red paint. The trailer hitch took the brunt of the impact which for it was just some added red paint but nothing else. The car on the other hand...well I'll let the pictures do most of the talking. Thankfully no one was hurt especially the dudes wife who is 6 months pregnant. She was pretty cool, the dude was in shock for awhile, it was entertaining. My friend and I kept on cracking jokes about it as time went on, we thought it was kinda funny since very little damage was done to my truck.

But enough talk, here's pictures.

If it weren't for the thread title and this picture I wouldn't have been able to tell you got rear ended.
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Welll.....at least you, your truck, and the humans in the Kia.

Just curious, what kind of shape is the trailer hitch in??

Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's why I always keep my hitch in too.
I've thought about making a hitch with like a 1-2' long spike in it to make sure it'd hit the block of the car that hits me but I was told that it wouldn't be a good idea for some reason.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:25 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats crazy at least you got to keep your tails , you just bought those

yeah truck doesnt look like it got hit hehe.. now you need a sticker that say if ya cant dodge it ram it

Quick Reply: Got rear ended today