2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I had a dodge ram until this friday

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:55 AM
pollocksn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I had a dodge ram until this friday

Well the new/old 99 4x4 I bought 3 weeks ago has left me. I bought it from a little dealership brought it home and found a bunch of issues with it. They wanted me to bring it back to them so they could correct some of this. Which was nice since I didn't have a warranty or anything. They had if for over a week and I got a call Friday morning. They informed me that someone broke into their lot and used my truck to smash down their fence. Both of the owners told me that their insurance wouldn't cover my truck. Their policy only covers vehicles they own on the lot. To make the deal even better I only had liability on it since I paid cash for it. I have a funny feeling I will have to sue them to recoop my money. Life is good right about now.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM
nathangfnd
Captain

wow isnt that some BS. Id sue for sure, they were working on your truck so someone insurance sould cover it.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:20 PM
pollocksn
Professional

Ya I already called the oklahoma insurance commission. I was told that their policy might not cover it, just depends what they had. I was also told that since it was under their care, they had the key, and it was locked up behind their fence they had care, custody, and control of the truck. So they are liable to for it. I am going to try and get their insurance carrier from them and file a claim. I hope they aren't going to give me any grief about giving me the info. If their policy doesn't cover it I will most likely have to go to small claims court.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Yep, the truck was in their care, in their shop. They are responsible for it. If their insurance won't cover it, then they get to pay you out of their pocket. If they won't, take 'em to small claims. (that should cover at least most of what you paid....)

Old 07-11-2010, 09:01 PM
pollocksn
Professional

Ya thats the plan so far. I am guessing its going to end up there. They don't seem like the type of guys that want to pony up to being responsible. First thing one of them said when I asked about insurance was it wont be covered but I'll have to check. Hell the title is still in their name since I never got it in the mail. I don't see why they cant just say its still technically theirs and get the insurance to pay for it.

Quick Reply: I had a dodge ram until this friday