2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

seems like my truck has no nut

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by donizer
I bought my 98 1500 sport almost three years ago, and it would tear the tires loose all the way threw 3rd gear. now it seems like it can hardly spin the tires in the mud. anything to check, or play with to get that nut back?

Thanks

Donizer
I am confused about "it would tear the tires loose" before. Did it ever tear them 35s loose or was that a smaller tire and as others have said the no nut coincides with a rubber upgrade. And btw I am seriously curious if you can rule out the tire/gear issue and say that you have a seperate problem with a loss of power and not just a poor tire/gear ratio.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
donizer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in not saying the 35's arent part of the problem, well i guess i forgot to mention that when i just start it up it seems to have some get up and go, but after it gets up to temp it cant get out of its own way. when it had 33's it would get rubber threw 3rd. sorry if that was a bit confusing, i think faster than i can type.

also, not sure if this could have caused any problems, but a few months ago the spark plug in number 8 lost part of the electrode. Didnt think much of it, at the time it had a gutted cat and y pipe. according to records in the back of the owners manual the plugs were only about 20,000 miles old

Quick Reply: seems like my truck has no nut