2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Look at this 2nd Gen Rumble Bee!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:29 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Purpl, its sucks that killed the S-10 in favor of the Canyon, (the most awful midsize truck I ever layed eyes on...IMO) I've been around alot of the s-10's and have respect for them, they are good trucks! I'm sure yours treats you well anyways, my buddies '01 has been great and I always liked it. But in the end, I would prob lean towards the R/T 360 Dakota if I had to have a midsize. Just cuz I luv the 360 magnums
Yeah, I was devasteated when they killed the S-10s. If you wanna talk about how cheap the interior in our trucks or S-10s are, you have never been in a Colorado. It is the crappiest cheap injection molder crappy plastic interior I have ever been in. Did I mention it was crappy? The dash sounds like a 55 gallon drum if you tap on it, and the controls mimic the feel of cardboard.

A S-10 with a 5.3L V8 would beat your Dak R/T Anyday.

The real only think I like about Chevy trucks anymore is the engines. GM really hit a home run with the LS series engines, they are powerful, get pretty good gas mileage, and are tough. I'm not a really big fan of the styling on the new Chevy trucks, but I love the looks of the Sierra and Tahoe. But the new Ram beats all out.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM
bigslick050
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just about agree with everything you said right there man! Too bad they never put a V8 in those s-10's. I guess Dodge was the first only to do that? Or am I mistaken? I still have to give it up to the S-10, the 4.3 auto with mild bolt-on performance will run with an R/T 360 auto! And thats saying alot about how good those 6 cyl engines are! Never been in the Canyon, my stomach turns over just looking at it, but heck I believe you. I know those interiors can't be worth a damn. Chevy builds good engines (for the most part) but they just don't sound good IMO. I had a 6.0 vortech for a while and hated it death. Besides the fact it sounded awful, the crank handles just snap off, uncomfortable as a confession booth, and are ugly as hell.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigslick050
Am I the only person here that feels like even our 2nd gen Rams are built better and last longer than the 98-07 Chevy's?
Nope.

The feeling I get from GM's trucks is that they're building cars with open trunks. That's okay for those who are looking for cars with open trunks (and crappy fuel economy), but I'm a truck guy. I like that the damn thing is built like a truck. I like my manually operated seats, windows, and mirrors. I'd rather listen to the exhaust and the singing tires than a sound system (oops, almost said "stereo") that costs more than the rest of the truck is worth on the open market. I like my factory vinyl flooring that cleans up with a whisk broom and damp cloth.

Even Chevy's latest trucks look like they were designed in Asia. Is their new motto "Hot rice, sushi bars, and Chevrolet" or what?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by bigslick050
I just about agree with everything you said right there man! Too bad they never put a V8 in those s-10's. I guess Dodge was the first only to do that? Or am I mistaken? I still have to give it up to the S-10, the 4.3 auto with mild bolt-on performance will run with an R/T 360 auto! And thats saying alot about how good those 6 cyl engines are! Never been in the Canyon, my stomach turns over just looking at it, but heck I believe you. I know those interiors can't be worth a damn. Chevy builds good engines (for the most part) but they just don't sound good IMO. I had a 6.0 vortech for a while and hated it death. Besides the fact it sounded awful, the crank handles just snap off, uncomfortable as a confession booth, and are ugly as hell.
Dodge was the only one to put a V8 in a midsize. That being said, the Dakota was the only midsize truck in the 90's. 90s S-10s, Rangers, and Tacomas were all compact trucks. The current Tacomas are now midsizes. And I gotta tell ya, a new V6 Tacoma would beat the crap out of a V8 Dakota, in more ways than in a race.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:28 PM
JRob238
Professional

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Dodge was the only one to put a V8 in a midsize. That being said, the Dakota was the only midsize truck in the 90's. 90s S-10s, Rangers, and Tacomas were all compact trucks. The current Tacomas are now midsizes. And I gotta tell ya, a new V6 Tacoma would beat the crap out of a V8 Dakota, in more ways than in a race.
i agree any car with a stuck accelerator and failing brakes would out run about anything hahaha

Old 08-12-2010, 06:37 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by JRob238
i agree any car with a stuck accelerator and failing brakes would out run about anything hahaha
Thank god the 4Runner does not have this problem

Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

I believe you can get the 5.3l in the Colorado SS version.

I'll never own a Toyota in my life. Good grief.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:32 PM
JRob238
Professional

Originally Posted by RamSport97
I believe you can get the 5.3l in the Colorado SS version.

I'll never own a Toyota in my life. Good grief.
hey those 22re motors are invincable. I have a friend with a 22re/24re? hybrid and that thing has 356,000 miles and runs like a champ. Needs an oil change every 1500 miles.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Yeah, you can get a Colorado with a V8 now. But why? You can get a V8 Silverado for the same price? IDK, people who buy chevies these days are pretty crazy.

Toyota mini trucks and 4Runners kick ***.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
Toyota mini trucks and 4Runners can kiss my ***.
Fixed that for ya.

Quick Reply: Look at this 2nd Gen Rumble Bee!!