2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Sweet Ram Find! Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that is a nice find! Good buy!

95ram360- Where have you been for the last 15 years?! Ofcourse he drives a 2nd gen! LOL

Old 09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Chuck Norris has been driving that same truck for 17 years now. Everytime he crashes or bangs it up, the next seen its in like new condition again hahahah

Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 PM
SpcD1500
Veteran

Originally Posted by olyelr
Chuck Norris has been driving that same truck for 17 years now. Everytime he crashes or bangs it up, the next seen its in like new condition again hahahah
thats because chuck norris round house kicks the body damage back out of the truck and its perfect everytime........

RDJmopar, you live in PA or OH??? and if PA what part??

Old 09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
2009reghemi
Default Wow

WOOOOW!!!!!!! HOLY SH*****ttttTTT Lickin mamamaaa

That truck is just....***drool***:ic on_angel::icon_playing :

AND THE CHARGER
DAMNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpcD1500
thats because chuck norris round house kicks the body damage back out of the truck and its perfect everytime........

RDJmopar, you live in PA or OH??? and if PA what part??

Dodge Forum is not a dating site.

Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 PM
SpcD1500
Veteran

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Dodge Forum is not a dating site.
my bad hahahahahaha

Old 09-10-2010, 03:27 PM
RDJMopar

I figured you guys would have some advice for me...

How can I keep this thing nice in the long run? If you had to do anything different with your truck since you've owned it what would it be? I'm trying to keep it rust free and clean. It had mudflaps and running boards on it which I took off. I prefer the way it looks without them but I think mudflaps are at least a must. Any opinions? Any other rust issues I should pay attention to?

The truck is mechanically perfect... I mean brand new. Original plenum, the whole nine yards. Get this though: when I bought the truck it ran really rough especially when cold. I have every reason to believe that it did this since it was new (the original owner had a new cap and rotor in the glovebox). It turned out to be a misfire in cylinder #4 caused by bad injector wiring. I ordered a new pigtail from a dealer, wired it in and it now runs perfectly. The only other thing I've done is an oil change. What mechanical issues should I watch out for?

Thanks for the advice!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 PM
jpoole
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know man, but I would keep that thing stock and treat it like the Charger. Another 10 years looking like that, got a classic and WOW! Get another for pullin'. That is the cleanest gen 2 I have ever seen.

Come on tell what you paid, you will probably make eveone sick.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Originally Posted by RDJMopar
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I'm definitely loving the truck.. I'm going to look into getting an extended warranty, I never thought of that. How much does it cost?

Also nice work with finding my Charger at the nats. I wish it were a 4-speed but that picture is actually of a '70 Road Runner that was parked next to me.. in time, in time...

More like how could you not find it? I seen it in a few different spots throughout the show... my bad on the wrong interior pic...copied and pasted the wrong one... But yeah love the combo you have with the mint 2nd gen and my favorite year/pkg/color charger...wish it was mine!

Advice on the Ram...keep your eye on the plenum, make sure it is not using/burning oil. Keep it well lubed and tuned up and she will run forever. The only thing I forsee killing that truck is rust where you live...you keep the rust off of it...and you will have a GEM!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 AM
RDJMopar

I'm thinking about selling the Ram- just wanted to give everyone a heads-up. I'll be posting a for-sale ad in the classifieds. The truck has been in heated storage since October... no snow, no salt- no rain!

It's pretty much brand-new and everything works.. $15,900

Quick Reply: Sweet Ram Find! Pics!