2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

bull bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your truck is really coming along nice man , wish i had more cash flow for the truck lol

Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The truck looks great and I also think the bar looks awesome. But I really don't like the banner at all. Call me crazy, but I think a visor would look way better than the banner.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im opposite , not a FAN of bull bars but, like the decal, straight or not, just looks likes to me the bull has no real world function if needed, (sits to low IMO)

Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Awesome. I heard that installing a Bull Bar makes your dangly things much larger. Any truth to that?
...and then they get chromed and hung from the trailer hitch?!

Seriously...I would remove the valence. It does nothing on a lifted truck...its' original purpose was to act as an air dam and lower overall drag.

Of course you will end up seeing your cruddy front differential, and then you'll spend several hours cleaning and painting it and putting a chrome or similar decorative differential cover on it.

And what once was a vice now becomes a habit.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
lord0fsal3m
Captain

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Awesome. I heard that installing a Bull Bar makes your dangly things much larger. Any truth to that?
you know, now that you mention it, i did notice they were in my way quite a bit more at work today.

next mod is definatly the sack hanging off the hitch though. not much for chrome. maybe black to match the truck? lol. everytime my girl sees those things she talks about wanting to hang a vagina off of her eclipse.

i may remove the valence but the bar hangs so low it looks out of place. and yes it is very non functional, its just for looks or maybe some lights, i feel like my truck is more of a sporty/lifted truck rather than an all out offroad badass kinda thing. i feel like its too small for the road armor type stuff, hoping to find a 2nd gen CTD with about 100k, if i do im gonna finance, swap all the goodies on my truck over and sell her to help pay it off. i love my truck but that gas is just aweful for a DD, plus i wouldnt mind all that extra power and a manual

Old 09-23-2010, 05:11 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Originally Posted by lord0fsal3m
thanks guys. local sign shop did the banner, i really wanted it straight but i dunno i may keep it

and slick the truck is far from done, most of the suggestions are all on my list lol. fender flares, headlights, viper cowl, fixing the dent on the bed. maybe a rollpan. but i think im gonna work toward efans and roller rockers next, also looking at bumping up the lift to 4-5" rear and 5-6" up front
LOL...When ya think about who has a completely finished truck anyways...Us Dodge fellas have a never ending list of goodies I believe. When I get my list down to the last one or two things, three more things get added. Happens every time and I don't it will ever be finished. Not until Betty gets a frame off resto...then maybe I will be satisfied.

You will love the E-fans...do those and the flares soon!

Quick Reply: bull bar