2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New dash and other goodies...PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 PM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New dash and other goodies...PICS....

So I installed my new dash today.I purchased from it autobodyfillers and it turned out pretty good.
Lets show what I started out with shall we.

Not as bad as alot of other Rams but it needed to come out.
So this is what I recieved in the mail.Very nicely packed and secure.They did a really good job.

First thing gotta get that bezel off.

Gotta have the DVD,lol.

Who wouldve guessed that under there actually is a support for the dash.

For the people afraid to touch your dash this is what is underneath.lol

And a vacuum cleaner hose???

Some installed pics.Still need to do a little touchup.

And for sale.A slightly used dash.Some assembly required.

Here is the headliner i redid a while back.Its looks like factory.

A couple other goodies.Installed my 3 piece underdrive pulleys.Yes I know my engine is filthy.

And installed my rough draft of my electric fan without the shroud.Will probably put the shroud back on at a later time.Its a flexalite black magic extreme(jason inspired me) that I got from Moes.His shipping is beyond fast.

Thats all for now.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
mjonesjr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind me asking, how did you install the upper dash while the lower dash was still in the truck? How did you secure it on the passenger side front (above the air vents)?

I tried taking a dash out of a wrecked Ram today at the junk yard and had to take the entire dash out just to get all the screws out.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:13 PM
06Greenmachine

I would like to know the same thing as the above question. And also how long did it take you to install?

Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Very nice Mr. Freeze!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:26 AM
bigslick050
All Star

Nice not to have a cracked dash. So I'm guessing you had to destroy what was left of the old dash to get the new one in? I was trying to pull a good used one last week and for the life of me could not get it out without cracking it to hell.

How many CFM is that one fan pulling? I'm curious cuz its small. I have two dual e-fans pulling 3000cfm and it covers almost the entire radiator

Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM
notanexit7
Captain

Did the 94-97 rams come with a 2 piece dash? I'm afraid to do my heater core because my whole dash is gotta come out a little bit and I know it's gonna fall apart on me. The 98-01 dash ain't no joke either. Costs an arm and a leg.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 PM
mjonesjr
Professional

Originally Posted by notanexit7
Did the 94-97 rams come with a 2 piece dash? I'm afraid to do my heater core because my whole dash is gotta come out a little bit and I know it's gonna fall apart on me. The 98-01 dash ain't no joke either. Costs an arm and a leg.
Yes they did. However, they have to come completely out to remove / install the passenger side and the air ducting.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:24 AM
mr freeze
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installing the new one was quite easy and didnt take long at all.Maybe 45 minutes to get installed if that.Now getting the old one out,well you can see how that went.I wasnt to concerned about it making it out in one piece or a few pieces for that matter.Those screws above the vents and the access above the glove compartment are not in the molding on the new dash.What you have holding it are the screws across the front of the dash,the screws behind the bezel,and the screws on the sides of the dash by the doors.It is plenty solid.It costs about 315 bucks for the dash.I left it black to offset all the grey inside the cab and to have something different.

The Flex-a-lite 180 electric fan I have is rated at 3300 cfm and it feels and sounds like it.I can feel the air rushing from under the truck when I open the door and I can hear it inside my house when it is cycling after I shut the truck off.It IS that LOUD.It looks small but others on here have used it and I trust their recommendations of it.It has done ok so far keeping the truck cool but i am still going to put the shroud back on at some point.

Quick Reply: New dash and other goodies...PICS....