2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Pics of my moose hunt!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
To be honest, I've been hunting since I was 13 years old and I might not be able to pull the trigger on a moose.
I've had myself convinced that we have decimated all the natural predator animals and deer populations are at an all-time high, so deer is not a problem for me.

I just got two rules, whether it be a deer, squirrel, duck, dove or even a catfish: I'm gonna take it in the most humane way possible and if I'm gonna kill it, I'm gonna eat it. Can't stand a SOB who kills for the sake of killing!!!

and 95Ram360, I left this post here because I know you wanna share it with your 2nd Gen buds, but how about a couple pics in the Outdoors Section?
I hear ya. I was traumatized a couple times when I was a like 9, as the result of those incidents. LOL

Old 10-04-2010, 09:02 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

o trust me, we have already eaten the tender loins lol, and the heart....i love the taste of moose, and since we got 450 lbs of meat out of it abouts, it will fill my freezer, and feed the family.

lots of dinners that can do right there lol...

and i agree, if i am not going to eat it, im not going to touch it.

i was brought up hunting, so its in my nature

Old 10-04-2010, 09:58 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

damn, that's a big moose. congratulations. looks like a good time was had by all (well, except for the moose).

i was reading the part about it being 148 miles in and another 148 miles out and i was thinking.... i don't think my truck would make it without running out of gas.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know for a fact my truck wouldnt make it in and out without extra gas

And its good to see a couple true hunters on here, seen to many people kill a deer take the backstrap and throw the rest.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
AshleyBrooks
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been deer hunting but never even seen a moose in person lol

Old 10-05-2010, 09:15 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

yes at the camp there was a "gas station"... we had boards up on a picnic table and we brought 15 gallon jugs filled with gas. My dad and i brought 4. so thats 60 gallons right there, plus there was somne there already from the owner of the camp.

we filled up in Millinocket, and it literally took only 1/4 tank to get to camp 148 miles in. because you are only able to do about 30-40 mph's.....lots of water pits and mud pits....plus had to watch around corners and not hit loggers.....so the easy going didnt soak to much fuel....my dads 2500hd 6.0L gets around 14-16 mpgs when going real slow like we did....we took our time, and didnt get on the pedal much so it wouldnt suck gas...

we could get our trucks in there....i want to because its like a mudders paradise up there lol

Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
And its good to see a couple true hunters on here, seen to many people kill a deer take the backstrap and throw the rest.
I'm so glad I don't live where that's common -- I'd be way too tempted to set fire to the truck of the guy who'd do that.

Where I'm from, the biggest problem is hunters near the end of the season taking outrageous long shots in rough country who either can't or just don't follow the blood trail, leaving the animals to be taken by coyotes. That, and idiots who'll shoot just about anything... I haven't hunted public land since the morning I heard a supersonic bullet pop a few inches in front of my face just as I was setting up on a nice royal bull. After I hollered to make it safe to come out (and sent the elk skedaddling into the next county) I walked up on the guy who said, "Sorry, man, I thought you were a deer". Yeah, sure... the mulies in the Rockies try to confound the out of state hunters by wearing head to toe blaze orange and hanging around the edges of elk herds.

Those idiots are actually few and far between, but they're the ones everyone remembers so we all get a bad name.

Nice critter, 95RAM360.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Actually not really common were I live, but not to say one place is worse than another the worst place I have seen it was when I was in NC, I dont hunt down here not enough deer, I go to alabama were they are a nuisance

Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
I dont hunt down here not enough deer, I go to alabama were they are a nuisance
They were a nuisance in northwest Florida when I lived there 26 years ago. Or at least I think they were deer, might have been dogs with antlers.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:57 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Yeah central and north florida have quite a bit, only hunting land down here is all out in the everglades, and alot of people use airboats where allowed and if you think you have ever seen a small deer I will and try and find some pics of key deer we got a couple months ago, IIRC it was a 6 point and a couple does and the 6 point was no bigger than your average dog

Quick Reply: Pics of my moose hunt!!!!