2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Starting new sound system(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010 | 12:08 AM
tneville
|
Professional
Default Starting new sound system(pics)

I went to a local liquidation sale looking for a bbq grill and ended up getting 2 12" Rockford Fosgate subs and a box to put them in. I already have an amp so now I just have to get some time and wire so i can finish it. Now I just have to figure out where to mount my amp. Ill update pics when i get done but I dont think ill get to it till next weekend. Just thought I would share!
Name:  sound.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  sound2.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  58.1 KB
It pushes the back seat up a little but I don't really care, I will never be back there.

Old 11-14-2010 | 01:32 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

nice....what amp you running? i mounted my Sony Xplode 1000w under the center seat. I have a single cab and had plenty of room for sub, Amp, and another box with Jensen 6 1/2 speakers behind/ under seats without a problem.

Old 11-14-2010 | 01:56 AM
tneville
|
Professional

Its a kicker sx. The thing has a little lcd screen that displays real time info. It would be cool If I could mount it in a place where i could see it, not sure if thats going to happen though.

Old 11-14-2010 | 09:29 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

on the back of the center seat so when you fold it down, you can see it.....

Old 12-07-2010 | 08:37 PM
tneville
|
Professional

Finally got enough time today to wire up my truck and put in the subs. Im pretty excited with it.
Here are some pics of the box and the final product.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  42.2 KB
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  52.1 KB
Name:  5.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  63.1 KB
The final product

Old 12-08-2010 | 06:01 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

What's it gonna take to get some dimensions off that box? I want one but I don't want to spend $100 on one.

Some grilles wouldn't be a bad idea since the speakers are exposed to anything you may throw on the floor.
If you want a good spot to mount the amp, I can't see a better spot than the space on the box between the subs.

Old 12-08-2010 | 06:50 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Some grilles wouldn't be a bad idea since the speakers are exposed to anything you may throw on the floor.
some grille would be more useful to keep people sitting in the back seat from kicking them. i could see myself possibly hitting them with the back of my feet if i was getting into the back seat.

Old 12-08-2010 | 09:40 PM
bigslick050
All Star

What's it gonna take to get some dimensions off that box? I want one but I don't want to spend $100 on one.

If you want a good spot to mount the amp, I can't see a better spot than the space on the box between the subs.
Fully agreed.

And I have been wanting to do a custom sound system for a while now but promised myself I wouldn't spend a penny on sound equipment until I built a custom box for the back seat....so until that happens...

Neville, how does it sound? Happy with how it came out? I like sheriff says, mount that amp between the subs on the box!

Old 12-09-2010 | 04:10 PM
tneville
|
Professional

Ill post the measurements tomorrow when i get home from work. After giving some friends a ride to hooters I realized how important im gonna need some grills.

Originally Posted by bigslick050
.Neville, how does it sound? Happy with how it came out? I like sheriff says, mount that amp between the subs on the box!
It sounds great and im completely happy with it. The only thing I would ever change is going down to 10" because the 12" makes the bottom cushion sit about an inch higher but that doesn't bother me at all.(you can see it in the picture)

As for the amp, the one i have is to wide to fit between the two subs so its sittin under the drivers seat. Its a lot longer then I thought so I plan on selling it and getting a shorter one.

Old 12-11-2010 | 12:41 AM
tneville
|
Professional

ill get them dimensions posted tomorrow, Ive been at the hospital with my sis all day:/

Quick Reply: Starting new sound system(pics)