2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Blizzard

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
bardram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blizzard

Well we finally got some snow here in NY, and its a lot. Driving home from work and went to go into 4wd, got a nice new grinding noise as I pulled the shifter rolling at about 10-15mph. Havent used 4wd in about 8 months. Ugh...

Old 12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You have to pull the shifter back in one swift motion. If you try to ease it in, it may cause the grinding you are describing. Quick and hard is the way to go. (Thats what she said!)

You also should let off the gas right before you engage it, if you didn't already know that. Don't be giving it throttle when you pull it back.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:38 PM
bardram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info Jason, I was off the throttle, but I don't know about the one swift motion, I may have eased it too much. I will check it tomorrow. Looks like we are getting about 2 feet of snow from this storm, so I will have plenty of chances to see.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:33 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah just grab a hold of it and ram it in LOL

Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes mine will be picky(usually when its -30) so i will pull it back then go shove it back in 2wd then go back to 4wd.. then back to 2wd(if it doesnt go in 4wd) and then back to 4wd and that has worked everytime it has been picky

Old 12-27-2010, 07:00 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

YAY...im in the same boat....i woke up and we have about 12-14 inches on the ground, and its going to snow until 1 this afternoon.....I live in the area thats getting 12-18 inches ......but to my amazment, Ol' Blue is sitting on a rim >......One of my f-n tires got a hole in it, so i have to lay in the foot of snow, have to jack up the truck and take the tire off to go get it patched.....this sucks...but i cant wait to drive in the snow and really test my tires. Its my first winter with them.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're in the middle of a big winter blast also up here in nb... they were callin for about 12" but we've got that now and its still snowing... And of course my wife gets to try out my tires and 4WD, she took my truck to work today cause hers is still on 'junk' status....

Good news is, I got some snow to plow!!! yay lol! I'm gettin ready now to go out and clean up this mess before we get any more. I have a plow on my wheeler and do it with that so I like to get it plowed before too much gets down at a time

Old 12-27-2010, 11:26 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
We're in the middle of a big winter blast also up here in nb... they were callin for about 12" but we've got that now and its still snowing... And of course my wife gets to try out my tires and 4WD, she took my truck to work today cause hers is still on 'junk' status....

Good news is, I got some snow to plow!!! yay lol! I'm gettin ready now to go out and clean up this mess before we get any more. I have a plow on my wheeler and do it with that so I like to get it plowed before too much gets down at a time
I hear you there about the 4wheeler! Thats how i plow and it sucks when you wait to long and it gets stacked up!

Old 12-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
I hear you there about the 4wheeler! Thats how i plow and it sucks when you wait to long and it gets stacked up!
Ha ya I almost waited too long..... I was pushin as much snow with the front rack as I was with the plow! Got er stuck in the snowbank a couple times but not so bad I couldn't get it out... Might have some pics later

Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah Maxx, now you got the snow to plow...And I dont.

Quick Reply: Blizzard