2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Major Storm, should be fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Hit it with a fog spraying water and you'll have a great place for the kids to go ice skating
The next pic would be his plow sticking out of those trees instead of the garage door.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys what is all that stuff on the ground??

Josh- I've never heard 35 degrees and warm-front in the same sentence

Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

damn floridians......

Well, be careful what you wish for I guess, I just came in from 3 straight hours of plowing in a major snowstorm, and I'm STILL not done! We ended up getting at least a foot, with lots of drifts over two feet deep. Plowed my driveway out half assed (snowplow went by when I was half done of course), went down the road and plowed out a big lot where my dad parks his trailers (snowplow goes by when I'm half done, and subsequently goes by my house yet again....), came back and plowed my driveway again, and was working on my other driveway that goes down to my backyard when I got sick of doin it haha..... I'll have to do the whole thing again tomorrow anyways so that'll give me somethin to do

Old 01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happend to shoveling snow.....using a plow thats cheating right there

and i think if your gonna cheat you might as well get a bigger plow so youll stop complaining

Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
damn floridians......

Well, be careful what you wish for I guess, I just came in from 3 straight hours of plowing in a major snowstorm, and I'm STILL not done! We ended up getting at least a foot, with lots of drifts over two feet deep. Plowed my driveway out half assed (snowplow went by when I was half done of course), went down the road and plowed out a big lot where my dad parks his trailers (snowplow goes by when I'm half done, and subsequently goes by my house yet again....), came back and plowed my driveway again, and was working on my other driveway that goes down to my backyard when I got sick of doin it haha..... I'll have to do the whole thing again tomorrow anyways so that'll give me somethin to do
3 hours and whining already? You're a little girl. I plowed yesterday for nearly 5 hours. Stand up and plow like a man.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:21 AM
InTheDirt
Rookie

So not fair. The closest I've come to a real good snow was about 2in of heavy frost. Los Bastardos!

Old 01-13-2011, 12:30 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
3 hours and whining already? You're a little girl. I plowed yesterday for nearly 5 hours. Stand up and plow like a man.
don't worry purple. you will understand one day. driving a plow truck is not as much fun as you think it is. it can get very tiresome having to get up at 5am or so and sitting in the drivers seat plowing all day. it is way different than sitting on a lawn tractor or the passenger seat for 5 hours.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
Much better zman

coincidentally, we were forecasted to get around 3" this evening, but it's been snowin for an hour or so and we already have that, and it's a friggin blizzard out there right now! Here's to hoping the wife can pilot the ol Dodge home safely, I imagine she's goin about 8 mph ATM, with a line of traffic behind her haha
I wish we could get some snow. All we normally get is ice, which means that top speed is about 15-20mph before the truck starts to get a little squirrely.

8mph is better than 0mph on the side of the road.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM
98DodgeGuy
Amateur

Originally Posted by bardram
Where on LI are you? I see 2nd gen Rams all over the place and Im surprised there arent more people from LI on this forum. After digging out the vehicles today I was pretty disappointed that the roads were pretty clear. I was looking forward to some fun. Looks like the plow guys got their stuff together and did a really good job overnight.

Yea there are lots of dodge rams here. Most if not all that I see are stock. I'm close to the patchogue/medford area. How about you?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:27 AM
bardram
Veteran

Originally Posted by 98DodgeGuy
Yea there are lots of dodge rams here. Most if not all that I see are stock. I'm close to the patchogue/medford area. How about you?

Right down the road in Middle Island

Quick Reply: Major Storm, should be fun