2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

i get a refund!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have gibsons on my truck, they are amazing! I currently ordered a cat back exhaust for it also go to www.truckexhaustkits.com you can build your own and put it on yourself they are really cheap I bought 2.5 mandrel with flowmaster 10 series and weld on tips for less than 300.00 shipped to your door!

Old 01-28-2011, 03:58 PM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran

this is the e-mail i got back from hemifever

My $265 option below should work for you. It's hard to guarantee economy gains because these trucks are so different, even within the same model year. But some folks seen no mpg change, some 1 and some 2 mpg.

I offer two types of tuning packages. Price includes the tuner and tuning shipped to the US.

For 5.2 and 5.9 magnum engines, you'll want to have a 180 tstat and ensure your plenum gasket has been fixed or isn't leaking.

A "can/as is" tune will run $265. I'll increase your speed limiter and reduce/remove tq mgmt where applicable. I change the timing and fuel curve but no extra improvement customizations for cam/heads are applied. I'll use a timing curve that works really well for stock to bolt on configs. If for some reason it's too aggressive for your octane quality I will correct that. I got hosed back in 2001 when I got my '01 Ram custom flashed and it spark knocked. It was additional fee after fee to try and make changes. If you choose this option and then want custom programming later it's just a $100.

how do i check the plenum gasket for leakage? if i get the new intake and headers should i do the tuner AFTER oir BEFORE the change?

Last edited by BIGBIRD85; 01-28-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:41 PM
smcandrew08
Professional

I would put at least half of that money into a savings account incase the tranny goes someday LOL

Old 01-28-2011, 06:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,201 Likes on 2,953 Posts

Look down your throttle body, see oil pooling there? Pull the throttle body, use a dentists mirror, and bright flashlight, oil in the corners of the manifold? Time to yank it.

SOME oil in there is going to be 'normal', as the PCV system will pick some up. But, if the entire inside is nicely coated, or, you have pooling going on anywhere, time to do the plenum.

I don't think the order of mods is going to matter. Just reset the PCM after each. (or, just once if you do them all at the same time.)

Old 01-28-2011, 08:38 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGBIRD85
this is the e-mail i got back from hemifever

My $265 option below should work for you. It's hard to guarantee economy gains because these trucks are so different, even within the same model year. But some folks seen no mpg change, some 1 and some 2 mpg.

I offer two types of tuning packages. Price includes the tuner and tuning shipped to the US.

For 5.2 and 5.9 magnum engines, you'll want to have a 180 tstat and ensure your plenum gasket has been fixed or isn't leaking.

A "can/as is" tune will run $265. I'll increase your speed limiter and reduce/remove tq mgmt where applicable. I change the timing and fuel curve but no extra improvement customizations for cam/heads are applied. I'll use a timing curve that works really well for stock to bolt on configs. If for some reason it's too aggressive for your octane quality I will correct that. I got hosed back in 2001 when I got my '01 Ram custom flashed and it spark knocked. It was additional fee after fee to try and make changes. If you choose this option and then want custom programming later it's just a $100.

how do i check the plenum gasket for leakage? if i get the new intake and headers should i do the tuner AFTER oir BEFORE the change?
You know what's funny. When I asked Hemifever the same question, he gave me the same email reply verbatim. I wonder if he has an automated response or if he just cuts and pastes his responses.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran

what type of throttle body replacement do yall recommend.

i have the money set aside for a tranny replacement allready. i have had 4 so far. i got took eveytime. but since i found this forum i fixed my tranny the last time and it works fine. the same thing happened to the tranny everytime and i believe it was the GPS and solenoid everytime. they just took advantage of my ignorance! no more. if the tranny explodes into a million pieces i will spent the $3000+ and get a bullet proff built one.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
Yea, that's what he's talking about. You sure you want to spend that kind of money for nothing? Or next to nothing I should say.
i would spend the 600 agian, i grew to like this mod alot. has alot more power now i love it !

Old 01-29-2011, 02:26 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well full tune up and pluemn gasket / check

high flow cat

1.7 roller rockers

Old 01-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gears + SCT = Goodbye tax return, hello powa.

Quick Reply: i get a refund!!