2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Recommended Trip Computer

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
codyayrton
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended Trip Computer

Anyone have a trip computer in their 2nd Generation or older Ram that gives real time mileage and works well?

I've looked at some online like the Roadi TG3 Turbo Gauge 4-in-1 Vehicle Trip Computer, Linear Logic ScanGaugeII 3-IN-ONE Automotive Computer Fuel Saver, Auterra A-500 DashDyno SPD In-Vehicle Automotive Computer - Scan Tool, Performance Meter, and Data Logger, and PLX DEVICES MPG METER AUTOMOTIVE COMPUTER.

Dealers say these devices plug into the diagnostic OBD-II connector found under the dash on 1996 and newer cars and light trucks. I'm skeptical. Does the computer know what the fuel flow is at that moment versus the vehicle speed?

Thanks,
Cody
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 SWB
5.9 with auto

Old 02-14-2011, 03:37 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The truck's computer knows the fuel rate and the vehicle speed, the scangauge takes that data and turns into information that you want.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:09 PM
mackbarr1014
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm looking for the same thing you are. I have narrowed it down to scanguageII and the Bullydog Watchdog. Think I'm gonna go with the Bullydog cuz of the larger screen. Looks cooler and easier to read while driving

Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
codyayrton
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you. I guess I will give one a try.

Quick Reply: Recommended Trip Computer