2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Good Gas News

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally Im just glad I live in the mountains and know how to live in em. All I gotta worry about is drought, no earthquakes, or tsunamis. Maybe a fire or two but meh Ill survive. Im pretty sure all the city people will panic but thats city people haha.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:46 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoRamLover
Personally Im just glad I live in the mountains and know how to live in em.
If you're on the western slope, all that snow began as Pacific Ocean. Then you've got to worry about CWD in your wild game, whirling disease taking out the trout, and who knows what all might be floating up out of Piceance Basin. Other than those silly little details though, I'm with ya.

Dammitall, now I'm jonesing for a nice elk steak with wild asparagus chased with some chokecherry wine.

Last edited by UnregisteredUser; 03-17-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Obscenity filter tripped on n i gg ling, changed to "silly"
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Randy_W
Professional

I can't believe someone was naive enough to tell someone to stop watching FOX news! Like CNN or any of the alphabet networks are better. Talk about Koolaid drinkers!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy_W
I can't believe someone was naive enough to tell someone to stop watching FOX news! Like CNN or any of the alphabet networks are better. Talk about Koolaid drinkers!
Every news organization has their own bent. Some are just more bent than others.

and:

They don't call if Faux Gnus for nothing.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Truedge
Professional

Its sad but the truth of it is, I watch comedy central for the news. At least I can tell when the BS is coming at me, and I get entertainment to boot.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Randy_W
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Every news organization has their own bent. Some are just more bent than others.

and:

They don't call if Faux Gnus for nothing.
At 58, I remember when you could trust CBS to give the the news, if they were editorializing, they told you up front. Now, CBS, NBC, ABC and especially MSNBC are so far left wing they won't even have a moderate commentator on their shows. FOX makes no bones about being Conservative, but they have Juan Williams, Alan Colmes and other moderate and left leaning commentators as regular contributors. The fact that they are self confident enough to do that whereas the others are scared for you to hear any other viewpoint, swung me to their side within the last few years. I certainly don't agree with all they editorialize about, but they at least let you see the other side sometimes. As a reference point, I'm a registered Democrat.They all have their nut jobs, you have to be smart enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

That's why i don't bother with any of them.... get my news online from a variety of sources.... and cross check 'facts'.

Its all just a political game anyway. I am still waiting for america to wake up, and take our country back from the politicians, and their corporate masters...... Not holding my breath on that though.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I could have said CNN or MSNBC, they're all silly. I'm no fan of 24 hour news networks, and thats how you come up with stupid stuff like this thread. They just covered everything 10 minutes ago, what do they talk about next? Gas Prices!!! Thats it!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FOX makes no bones about being Conservative, but they have Juan Williams, Alan Colmes and other moderate and left leaning commentators as regular contributors. The fact that they are self confident enough to do that whereas the others are scared for you to hear any other viewpoint, swung me to their side within the last few years.
You've been duped, friend. Those "moderate and left leaning" commentators are professional straw men.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:51 PM
mackbarr1014
Professional

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
I could have said CNN or MSNBC, they're all silly. I'm no fan of 24 hour news networks, and thats how you come up with stupid stuff like this thread. They just covered everything 10 minutes ago, what do they talk about next? Gas Prices!!! Thats it!!!
Actually, my uncle works for Vanguard and part of his job is to follow gas prices and he is the one who informed me that the price of oil has dropped. Not FOX, CNN, MSNBC, or any other silly networks. I keep up with current events by reading the paper and talking to people. I just want to clarify that this "Stupid thread" wasn't generated from a 24 hour news network.

Quick Reply: Good Gas News